Fantastic Local Plumbers

E.Pearce

I had these guys round today to fix a leaking and not working radiator/towel rail.

They sorted it quickly and did a great job, I highly recommend and will definitely use them again in the future and am glad to found some local plumbers that I can rely on.

Definitely call Rick and his team on 07721060037

Alan

I got in touch with Rick following a leak in my bathroom and was very impressed at how quickly he responded. I dealt with both him and his brother and both were efficient, courteous and professional. Would definitely recommend.

Amirahnawal9 Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> In the morning, while getting ready to have a

> shower before work. I found that there was NO HOT

> WATER! I was frustrated as I was already late. I

> went on the gas safe register website and found a

> guy called MoMo, who turned out to be a nice

> guiune guy and has previously been recommended

> several times on gumtree, therefore decided to

> call him. Lucky enough he came within minutes as

> he lives nearby to help with this issue, and

> managed to fix the boiler without any parts needed

> and so he charged me with an affordable price.

> Here is his number - I would totally contact him

> if I were you - 07401844440 & 07885604002

> Email: [email protected]

Is this the plumber n Coplestone Rd?

i am suspicious as I used a company called MK plumbing with an address on their website in Coplestone Rd. He failed to spot an unsafe gas water heater and instead said he fixed it. He hadn't, and left it leaking, despite being gas safe registered. He also failed to respond to my calls to him, saying it wasn't fixed, until I said I was reporting him. It was not fixable and was declared unsafe by another gas engineer. Have had to involve the gas safe register inspectors. I still can't find anyone who has actually used him, despite a few recommendations on here which I think are fake. If it's the same company, then he not in Coplestone Rd, according to Gas Safe.

Re Rick, he looks to have a number of postings just recommending him, so I queried them as well.

Yes Rick has got glowing reviews on here but there are also people like us who he didn't finish the job for and didn't clear up and promised a refund that never materialised so he's not a 'fantastic local plumber' as far as we were concerned!

An avoid at all costs for Rick the plumber from me unless you want to pay him for not fixing problem properly and then have persistent false promises of rearranging to come back and fix the problem.

Rick came to my flat to fix a leaking bathroom sink pipe before Christmas. He replaced the washers in the hot and cold pipes and charged me ?100 for doing so. My tenant returned to the flat after Christmas and informed me that the pipe was leaking again. I contacted Rick to explain that the pipe was leaking last Saturday. He suggested that replacing the flex pipes under the sink would address the leak and that he would only charge me ?40 to fix the problem as he had already tried to fix it. He failed to contact my tenant on the Sunday to arrange to go to the flat.

I then contacted Rick to ask him again to contact my tenant on Monday. He arranged to go to the flat on Tuesday night, but cancelled and rearranged for Thursday night. He then cancelled again on Thursday night. Rather perplexed, I contacted Rick to explain that I wasn't very impressed with him. He was apologetic and we agreed that he would go to the flat between 10 and 11 on Saturday morning. He also said that he had bought the parts and would not charge me for fitting them. He failed to turn up again and gave the pretty feeble excuse of thinking that we had agreed to him going to the flat on Saturday night. He then spoke with my tenant and said that he would go to the flat on Saturday afternoon or that if he couldn't make it he would call to arrange a time for Sunday. Just as before, he failed to do both.

He failed to fix the problem is unreliable and a waste of money. From my experience, avoid at all costs.

Strange that Rick's recommendations are either glowing or anything but. Also strange that so many of Rick's recommendations, as Rosetta points out above, are from people who have only ever posted about him. Be wise...

I can only reiterate that he was an unprofessional cowboy with me.

I would just like to say to all on this site regarding this plumber RICK. THAT HE HAS GOT NO CONECTION WITH ME , My name is also Rick and I have been in business 40 years working in the south east area and have a lot of regular clients in Dulwich. We offer a good service at reasonable rates. Regards. Rickplumb247.com Also my no.07860633220. So if you need a plumber just call.

To Rickplumb 247 and EDF, my comments have nothing to do with you as the Rick that I have had the misfortune to deal with has definitely not been in the trade for 40 years. I apologise for any confusion that may have been caused.

The Rick that I have dealt with is a a mixed race guy in his late twenties/early thirties who's number (as posted on EDF) is 07721060037.

I'm afraid that we did not have a good experience with Rick either. He did show up the same day I contacted him to replace a kitchen tap. However, after he left we realised that there were several problems with the work (including basic stuff like connecting hot and cold the wrong way). We made two appointments for Rick to come back and fix things, but he didn't show for either. I had to arrange for another plumber to replace the tap again, so unfortunately I cannot recommend Rick. For the avoidance of doubt given the confusion that appears to have occurred recently, the Rick I am referring to has the mobile number 07721060037.

For anyone reading this looking for a plumber, I can recommend Dave from McHow who came to my rescue. Here is a link to where I found him on the forum:

http://www.eastdulwichforum.co.uk/forum/read.php?30,1336867,1620999#msg-1620999