Fantastic Local Plumbers

E.Pearce

Another recommendation for Rick - he came over in very short notice to fix a leaking sink, a leaking toilet (the toilet was a repair of a previous plumber's botch job) and a second toilet that was making a horrific noise on flushing. He clearly diagnosed the problems, told us how he'd fix it, got on with it, and repaired it all to high standard at a reasonable price. He's also a pleasant person to have in the house. Highly recommend and thank you Rick!

Thank you for posting your recommendations. I took this one up: called Rick this morning, he and his son popped round this evening, and shortly afterwards my misbehaving toilet was back in order and my leaking stopcock was fixed.

By comparison, we had previously called out a pricey 'fast response' plumbing firm from just the other side of the river to deal with the stopcock, and they had told us it would take several hours (and ???) to fix. So thank you everyone for identifying a capable and no nonsense local plumber. I would definitely use Rick again.

Just had to add another update after my previous recommendation, as Rick has now disappointed me a little. Unfortunately, he appears to have a habit of walking off with peoples house keys and not returning them without lots of chasing. He completed a job on Friday where I lent him my keys so he could purchase some pipes he said he needed (I had another appointment so couldn't let him back in.) Despite several phone calls, messages and texts Rick still hasn't returned them. This is the second time this has happened. Once you can assume was a mistake but not twice. I want my keys back please Rick!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi, first time post, but have been reading EDF for years...just wanted to echo feedback above - Rick came today, at short notice, and fitted a toilet for us. Great response, good service - would recommend!

Jim

Unfortunately I can't agree with the majority of posts on this thread.

We had a leak in our bathroom and after much ferreting around we managed to find out that our cold water flexi-pipe needed replacing.

I called Rick after reading all the glowing reports on the forum about him being punctual, good value, etc.etc. I spoke to him at midday and we arranged that he would come around after 5pm the same evening. 5pm came and went. No Rick. I phoned and sent text messages all to no avail. Finally got a text at 8:30pm saying he would like to come around the following morning. It wasn't convenient.

Like they say; once bitten twice shy. We managed to find someone else who turned up when they said they would.

Rick and this time Dean his partner came out to sort another plumbing problem (this time corroded old pipes that needed replacing). Just wanted to recommend them AGAIN after having used them earlier this year. Found them friendly, able to quickly assess the problem and get the job done at a decent price. Also wanted to add that they are very trustworthy. I overpaid them due to fat finger typing and they sent the money back immediately after I called them in a panic. Thank you Rick and Dean!

I would recommend Rick too. He came out within 2 hours of my call. I needed him to add a timing device to my outside tap. The device turned out to be faulty but Rick offered to fit the new one for free. Very quick and efficient with a ?60 call out fee. Would use him again.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

In the morning, while getting ready to have a shower before work. I found that there was NO HOT WATER! I was frustrated as I was already late. I went on the gas safe register website and found a guy called MoMo, who turned out to be a nice guiune guy and has previously been recommended several times on gumtree, therefore decided to call him. Lucky enough he came within minutes as he lives nearby to help with this issue, and managed to fix the boiler without any parts needed and so he charged me with an affordable price. Here is his number - I would totally contact him if I were you - 07401844440 & 07885604002

Email: [email protected]

Another recommendation for Rick who came back to do a second job for us a few weeks back, replacing broken parts in two toilets and doing a few other small jobs. He's sometimes difficult to get hold of- the curse of being popular I guess- but we were happy with the work he did for us and he is a nice guy.

Due to the feedbacks on this forum. I called This plumber Mr Rick to fix my leaking toilet. He came to fix it on 30th September .i thought all sorted but to my disappointment my toilet still leak. I told him few minutes after he left . He said he would come to fix it he said in 20mins if still leaking .

It is difficult to get him back if your toilet not sorted at first time.

After multiple attempts my toilet still leak. I'm still waiting for him to come and fix it.