Golf Locker Room

Mick Mac

Yes - could well be his week, but yet to see him put 4 good rounds together in a major. Only a matter of time i'm sure. His third round at the US Open reminded me what we have been missing without Tiger, he was fantastic.

Ross Fisher did well last year. Darren Clarke in form but may be too much for him. Heaps of other can win now that europeans are winning majors again, brings more players into the picture and Justin Rose is in top form too.

Woods is being divorced which is a surprise, and anyone knows that concentration is all important,

divorce detracts and prevents total concentration.

I think other golfers will play better too, knowing that Woods is not in pole position.

I hope his wife gets paid out like she can dish it out, she will be a very wealthy woman if she does.

Mick Mac Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I might back Rory for a bit of fun but of course

> it would be a stretch to see him winning.

>

> I played golf at Westport at the weekend and there

> was a picture of McIlroy picking up the Irish

> Amateur championship there in 2005 aged 15 years

> old - the best amateur in Ireland at age 15 is

> amazing - he looked like a child in the picture.

> Amazing progression. Really would like to see him

> make the cut and be there for the weekend - after

> that who knows.

My quote on this thread before the April 2009 masters. Obviously he did not win that one, but might come of age this weekend.

???? Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Sour grapes....how's that wind coming that was

> gonna booger up Woods' game Mick?

Do you want me to check the weather forecast for you Quuids - is that what you are asking. Here you go:

Visibility Help for Next 5 Days Help

Thu Day weather Light Rain

18?C 64?F 13?C 55?F South Westerly9mph 14km/h 93%

991mb

Poor More info for Thursday's weather

Fri Day weather Heavy Rain Shower

16?C 61?F 12?C 54?F West South Westerly22mph 35km/h 80%

997mb

Poor More info for Friday's weather

Sat Day weather Light Rain Shower

17?C 63?F 13?C 55?F South Westerly23mph 37km/h 79%

1008mb