Golf Locker Room

Mick Mac

Daizie - That was just a little joke. We are all used to the Jimmy Tarbuck / diamond sweater jokes (I have a few)

Quids - Paul Casey has a good Masters record: has finished 6th 10th and 11th in last four years - and a win last week to boot.

I've placed ?50 as follows:

Rory McIlroy @ 36 ?10.00 ?350.00

Paul Casey @ 30 ?10.00 ?290.00

Zach Johnson @ 50 ?10.00 ?490.00

Justin Leonard @ 130 ?2.75 ?354.75

@ 130 ?7.25 ?935.25

Padraig Harrington 21 ?10.00 ?200.00

Good luck..............

I played Beckenham Place Park yesterday. Actually considering its a 15 min drive (on a good run) I thought it was pretty good, certainly better than the one in Mitcham. The back nine holes are quite challenging and attractive and a lot more interesting than the front. ?23 is a bit steep but it is in London I guess and that's the price you pay for convenience.

Greens are a little ropey and the biggest frustration is that the course has no distance markers whatsoever! Otherwise certainly worth a look ...

Mick, first the bad news, you're going to wake up with a hangover, but the good news is Rory didn't get disqualified! He must be kicking himself though for getting into such a good position and then throwing it away...

Goosen failed to make the cut, but Rose is hanging in there with a respectable -2, one of the big guns needs to make a move today, would be nice to see Garcia go on to win...

Mick Mac Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Good call TLS -

Sadly Not Mick!

I stand to be corrected but I'm pretty sure I put "Angel and Jim" when I wrote this at 6.20 but, for a joke, I edited this to read "Kenny and Chad" at 10.16 (as they were betting 98% round the front 2 i.e. Odds of 1/2 and 9/4 respectively!) and the pair were beat!

I assumed that I would lose as I had laid both and put in a "Lay" of 2.1 against Angel and let The Young Lady monopolise the Computer and went to bed.

When I awoke I couldn't believe neither had Won but that "2.1 Lay" was to turn Angel into a "Taker" so all 3 Players made me finish even, which I would have settled for as I went with Jim F. and then Phil M. and they both faded, as you know.

red devil Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> So much for an early night, shame about Kenny not

> holding out to become the oldest player to win a

> major, Rory came back well though...never really

> got into the in-play betting Tone, who do you use?

Only Betfair which easily has the most liquidity RD.

Been with them since May,2003.

• 3 months later...

Reckon this will be a great tournament - lots of home (GB&I) guys in form at the moment.

Great challenge for McIlroy to see how he does and he says he is hitting some form. Woods obvious favourite. Any thoughts anyone?

[Poorly concealed attempt to discuss the golf outside of the Betting thread]

Oh - and my wife's sister and her hubby are visiting at the weekend - I have said I will be watching TV all afternoon Saturday and Sunday as the Open is the highlight of my sports viewing year and I won't be available for doing stupid things like sitting in the park - Is this selfish? [women with no interest in sport need not reply, as you are biased]

Have you ever been to watch the Open Quids, only once for me, the Paul Laurie win at Carnoustie (just Googled it to find out it was 10 years ago!)

I'll never forget though Jean van de Velde having to go in the water on the 18th and blowing a 3 stroke lead...

Before my time, but I think Nicklaus' put on the 18th green in 77 must have been one of the greatest putts ever. Watson was a shot ahead and sitting 1 1/2 feet from the hole with a birdie putt. Nicklaus had to play second and was in the rough 150 yards from the green, he played a great shot to make the green and had a 40 foot putt.

Amazingly he made the putt - Watson made his too and won but Nicklaus was an incredible guy under pressure and to make that putt was amazing.