Deliveroo

The restaurant list for my postcode is limited for now but I think the more people that use it and the more popular it is, the bigger the restaurant pool it will develop. Fingers crossed. I really want a few things from Brixton Market delivered.

They are slowly expanding by the looks of it. I'm sure they will get to lots of postcodes in the end. They are honest with their timings on the site. Last night at 8pm a Gowlett Pizza was going to take an hour to deliver. We went with a half hour Dominos instead. Wish we hadn't.

There was a gaggle of Deliveroo delivery riders sitting outside the closed cafe next to the Palmeston, a couple sitting astride their scooters at the end of Shawbury rd and one on the tarmac outside Farmers - like the heady old days of dispatch riders waiting for 'the call' - they must be expecting a busy night - doesn't look much fun for them though.

I (very very vaguely) know one of the founders. V smart New Yorker living in London. If your postcode isn't covered and you'd like to be I'd email them. https://deliveroo.co.uk/contact That's how they know where to expand to.

I had no idea they were down in our neck of the woods and delighted we can get Mama Lan dumplings and Honest Burgers!!

I've used them when I work late and they have always been brilliant.

GAME CHANGER.

Gowlett test this evening. Placed order for 2 pizzas on their simple, super quick website at 7.27pm?wait time showed as 45 minutes?.but food arrived in 32 minutes nice and hot.

This could be seriously dangerous.