Keef Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Know I'm probably in the minority with this (I

> seem to be anyway), BUT...

>

> People who put baby scan photos on Facebook, just

> so they can get a million congrats from people

> they've not seen for 15 years. Attention seeking,

> and also counting one's chickens a bit IMO.

>

> As for making it your profile photo, give me a

> fecking break!!!!

ha ha ;-)

People who wear their trousers half way down their a*se showing their Kalvin Cleen undercrackers.

People who play really loud bass music in their cars so you can actually feel it's vibrations. Infact, scrub that, really loud music in general.

People who don't thank you for opening a door for them or some other random act of kindness.

God, I'm getting old.

"People who wear their trousers half way down their a*se showing their Kalvin Cleen undercrackers."

I second that emotion. Long, long, ago - when this was still the new thing - a young lad passed me on an escalator displaying a long brown skiddy. Never caught on..

I've had over 5 hours of windy-grindy music thumping through my walls today - so I'm not feeling friendly about loud music either.

People who say "yourself" when they mean YOU.

Any pedestrian who walks across the road without looking as you ride a motorbike round the corner at 2mph (which is not easy)and looks all @rsey at you when you shout at them.

Neurotic parents who say "Do you actually have children?" in a way that makes it plain that they feel morally and intellectually superior. I want to reply:- "Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't realise that the mere ability to spawn progeny gave one the ability to have greater insight than anyone else. And thank you for asking, yes I do have a child who is now 20 and at University and hopefully won't be a pompous tw@t like you when he makes me a grandfather."

As my other half often wants to say but good manner prevent her when someone points out that she didn't have children, inferring it is some sort of failing. "No, I decided to study at University for 5 years rather than lie on my back for 5 minutes"

No ouch was intended! sorry Keef - was just thinking generally about the types of photos people put on FB.

Sorry, me being paranoid.

I guess you could argue that putting any photos on facebook is asking for attention. There is just something about the scans that bugs me. Just feel it is more a private thing, that you show people when you see them.

Anyway, doesn't really matter.

Isn't Aubergine a little like Samuel Johnson's quotation about cucumbers?

"A cucumber should be well sliced, and dressed with pepper and vinegar, and then thrown out, as good for nothing?

Add to the list tofu. "what is this?", "it's bean curd". "I know what it's been, but Wwhat IS it?"

randombloke Wrote:

> Isn't Aubergine a little like Samuel Johnson's

> quotation about cucumbers?

Well...

Mrs Beaton said something like "After the age of 40 cucumber gives you up " & I'm inclined to agree

Though regarding Aubergine, you're plain wrong or maybe just ignorant

It, when treated right is a delight,learn to cook & not just heat things up I'd say

Preparation is where the art lies, good kind hands & the ingredients won't misbehave

Samuel Johnson indeed, he'd be turning in his grave

W**F

> Sweetcorn = Chinese crabmeat or shredded chicken

> and creamed-corn egg-drop soup = tres gross.

> Aubergine = Greek mousaka = usually ugh, no-one cooks aubergine properly.

> Cucumber = English cucumber and sardine sandwiches

> = delicious on its own, absolutely no sardine allowed. delicately slice into little triangles, serve with proper tea, preferably in a beautiful english garden.

> Tofu = yum