Tiny Little Things That Cause You Irrational Rage

PinkyB

BrandNewGuy Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> That Barclays 'digital eagles' advert with the 'walking football for the over 50s'... Because, of

> course, everyone over 50 is a gibbering, stumbling idiot just waiting for the grave - and incapabale

> of setting up a Facebook page. What's worse is that 'walking football' is officially a 'thing'

> and not some tiresome fiction created by vacuous 20-something social media marketeers:

>

> http://www.saga.co.uk/health/fitness/football-for-the-over-50s.aspx

>

> Heavens preserve us.

Worse is that the ad seems to be heavily suggesting that Barclays is helping this little sport get off the ground, when all it did is sent up a bank account and advise them on how to set up a facebook page. Whoopie-do.

Otta Wrote:

> Sydenham is where it's at man.

I'm getting nervous here, stuff's creeping this way

Bars and shops and the likes

My emotional fire trench is regressing and i'm falling in

"ShallI pop out and get some home-made Gluten Free cake and a coffee" I heard myself asking Lady Bag the other day

FFS

The French bakery on Kirkdale is great. And there are often "pop up" things going on in the shop accross the road next to George the barber.

But I still can't see the "Kirkdale Village" thing taking off, and nor should it!

Seabag Wrote:

> But, the little 161 bar is thriving, and not a

> pop-up no more. Longer hours and bigger plans

> afoot

>

> And Bose Man chicken, innit

Where is 161 bar? (I'm guessing at 161 Kirkdale?)

I had a look at the sydders forum yesterday and see there are lenty of complaints about the night club near Cobb's Corner.

During term time I was taking my daughter to school in Sydenham every day, so still felt part of the area, but now there's been no school for a few weeks I feel more disconnected. I do love Sydenham.

Otta Wrote:

> Think it's a new version.

>

> Fox's is great! If I want to watch football it's

> either a bus to Dulwich to meet Jah Lush at The

> Castle, or it's Fox's.

Does that bloke still drink in there

He's a tall and slightly gormless space invader of a man. He gets a beak full of chisel in his face, then TALKS AT YOUR FACE until you want to punch him

I resorted to the "GO AWAY YOU BORE" pre warning every time I saw him, but in the end I just avoided Fox's and The Woodman (RIP)

Shame really, but my tolerance levels for that kinda of thing has diminished over the years, and I like watching a game in a pub

Not ringing a bell, so either he's not there when I'm there, or he doesn't like the cut of my jib.

I really liked the Woodman and used that quite a bit. In it's last year they did a lovely Sunday roast for about ?7.50, and it was good quality. The fact it's an estate agent now is the ultimate insult.

Otta Wrote:

> Sydenham is where it's at man.

I remember going to the Rub-a-Dub Club in Sydenham back in the late 80s. I still lived near Elephant & Castle and it felt fecking miles away! Surprised it's still there. Sydenham I mean.

Nah, Greyhound closed a few years back, stood empty for ages, and now they've built new flats all around it with a retail until at street level which has been empty since it was built. The shell of the pub is still there with no roof on it. No idea what the hell they're going to do with it. All seems like a monumental fuck up. Although not on the scale of the Heygate!

According to the Metro today, one of the founders of the ice-bucket challenge has drowned. While of course on a human level that's very sad, as an example of tragic irony it's nothing short of splendid.

StraferJack Wrote:

> "Celebs pouring buckets of ice water over their

> heads. Make it Vomit please."

>

> I. Don't. Even. F***ING. Know. Which. Charity.

> It's. FOR!!!*

>

> which underlines how ghastly the whole thing is

>

> * yes I know it's easily found

Shop assistants that say "any good?" after you have tried something on when they really mean "are you buying that or what?"

My non UK mother gets caught out every time and answers politely "yes very nice thank you" whilst handing it back to said shop assistant who then without fail gives her a dirty look in return.