Hurrah! Oh hail the Lordship Pub!

ce

If you want a decent drink in a lovely environment with uber friendly bar staff I'd recommend you get down to The Lordship (formerly the mag/patch). Lovely wine, decent (though a little pricey food), and amazing bar snacks (sticky ribs, chicken wings, scotch eggs etc)...

Oh I'm pleased to welcome back another decent proprietor...the Patch's sheer rudeness made me weep.

Make the effort to walk a bit further down the strip...

Agreed ... I cannot fault the place. Staff, food, booze and decor all spot on AND it has a fairly decent outside area too. Much, much better that that awful place it replaced. Been in a fair amount since it opened, long may it stay!

bodsier Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Is this the new community gastro pub? Can't think

> exactly where it might be....not a pub lover

> myself but sounds interesting if it is what I

> think it's is. Enlighten me please..

Junction of Pellatt Rd and Lordship Lane.

bodsier Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Is this the new community gastro pub?

It's not a "community pub" though. Maybe you're thinking of the previous tenant, "The Patch" - a private business that attempted to get off the ground with community funding (but failed).

The Lordship Pub was closed lunchtime today (not sure if that is normal) ?

But there was a notice on the outside Menu frames that due to 'Technical' problems

they were unable to provide food and should be sorted by midweek.

Any update on the situation there. ?

DulwichFox

Had early lunch there today. they might suffer a little during the day being that bit further up Lordship lane.

Couldn't fault the food though, was really excellent. Miles better than the new Italian in my opinion.

Well worth the extra few steps.

Archived