Station Manager Corner

Hi

I am not sure if the decorating team are using tape whilst doing the painting/refurb of station? I am at PMR tomorrow and will take a look

Regards

Barry

OutOfFocus Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Barry

> Could someone remove the masking tape from

> timetable boards at Peckham rye (platform 4 and

> maybe elsewhere )

Sorry if this has already been raised - I don't really want to trawl through 30 pages to find out!

I haven't used the train for a long time, but went to London Bridge by train yesterday. I was sad to see hanging baskets at ED station filled with plastic flowers, especially at this time of year.

I'm all for brightening stations up, and I realise there's a potential issue with watering and maintenance, but would it not be possible to have something real instead? Even just ivy, which probably wouldn't need as much watering as flowering plants?

I do appreciate your coming onto this forum, and your obvious commitment to your job and your customers, so I hope the above doesn't come across as too churlish ......

Hi Sue

Appreciate the comments and agree that real flowers do look better. These plastic flowers are not cheap and they are changed four times a year to match the season we are in. In all honesty they dont look that bad and do brighten the stations up

Regards

Barry

Sue Wrote:

> Sorry if this has already been raised - I don't

> really want to trawl through 30 pages to find

> out!

>

> I haven't used the train for a long time, but went

> to London Bridge by train yesterday. I was sad to

> see hanging baskets at ED station filled with

> plastic flowers, especially at this time of year.

>

> I'm all for brightening stations up, and I realise

> there's a potential issue with watering and

> maintenance, but would it not be possible to have

> something real instead? Even just ivy, which

> probably wouldn't need as much watering as

> flowering plants?

>

> I do appreciate your coming onto this forum, and

> your obvious commitment to your job and your

> customers, so I hope the above doesn't come across

> as too churlish ......

If only I lived nearer to the station, I would offer to plant up, water and maintain some real flowering baskets, but sadly I don't.

I just can't bear plastic flowers, sorry, I think they look really cheap and tacky, however much they cost.

I do appreciate the effort that's been made though :-$

clux Wrote:

> Barry, please help. My 2 year old has jUst thrown

> my elder daughters green croc shoe onto the tracks

> at queens road Peckham station. Is there anyway of

> ever getting it back please? thanks very much

Hi, I am organising a line block so we can retrieve the shoe, hold tight and I will be in touch

Barry

SMBJones Wrote:

> clux Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > Barry, please help. My 2 year old has jUst

> thrown

> > my elder daughters green croc shoe onto the

> tracks

> > at queens road Peckham station. Is there anyway

> of

> > ever getting it back please? thanks very much

>

> Hi, I am organising a line block so we can

> retrieve the shoe, hold tight and I will be in

> touch

>

> Barry

Me again! Shoe is now in the safe hands of my supervisor at Peckham Rye Station. He can be located on platform on platform 1\2, all ready for your collection

Barry

Barry, I honestly can not thank you enough. You are absolutely fantastic.

Sorry for late reply to say thanks - had to rush off (shoeless) out of london for the night but now on our way back and we are so grateful for your help

A few things for your great Barryness...

First a ticketing question. It doesn't seem possible to buy a travelcard from the machiens that doesn't include zone 1. Do these sort of tickets not exist anymore? Did they disappear when PAYG Oyster started on trains?

The display on the London bound platform seems to be faulty again. On the North Dulwich side of it, only the left hand side is displaying.

The station is looking great. I love the hanging baskets even if they aren't real. It's looking pretty smart...so much so that I've started noticing that other stations just don't measure up to ED and feeling unjustly smug.

I'm also loving the new train timetable in the mornings and I'm actually getting up earlier to make good use of the trains between 7.30 and 8am.

Thank you for all your hard work Barry!

Hi Barry,

When I arrived at ED station this morning (10/08/10) at around 7:30, the ticket office was closed. This was pretty annoying as I couldn't buy my weekly ticket and had to get a day return. Was there any particular reason for this?

Thank you for everything you do here though, you are a real asset to the community.

Hello,

My wife and I were very disappointed to find East Dulwich station closed today (together with Peckham Rye and Denmark Hill), as we were looking forward to going to a one-off event in Richmond. We had our foldaway bikes with us and it is not at all convenient to use the replacement bus services.

We planned out route and train times on the National Rail Enquiries website at 3.00pm, yesterday and it told us that there were no disruptions to services. Likewise, the website is telling us that there is still no disruptions at 11.45 today. I also just checked the National Rail - Service Disruptions webside and that does'nt have any mention of any works effecting East Dulwich station.

This is the second time now that we have been disappointed at the last moment about not being able to get to special events by rail. We really enjoyed train travel and use it as our main form of transportation. Surely, Nation Rail, can come up with some sort of 'joined-up' thinking to ensure that we know what is going on at our local stations, otherwise what is the point of having these elaborate website if the information is wrong?

Regards.

Closures on Sunday are a regular occurance, but people don't always think to search the live departures and engineering works sections. It's ridiculous that the main timetable/journey planner doesn't tell you that the trains aren't running.

>It's ridiculous that the main timetable/journey planner doesn't tell you that the trains aren't running.

It does, Jeremy, surely, implicitly at least. I always use the Journey Planner to check a specific journey at the weekend. It shows replacement buses and/or longer or more devious journeys if any of the relevant train services isn't running.