Station Manager Corner

Hi Barry

Can you tell us why the 0845 from East Dulwich to London Bridge has been delayed for over 10 minutes for the past 2 days...and when the train does turn up....there are only 4 carriages!

Surely if theres a backlog of people waiting for a delayed train, it makes sense to put on a Train with a full set of carriages!

Weegee Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Hi Barry

>

> Can you tell us why the 0845 from East Dulwich to

> London Bridge has been delayed for over 10 minutes

> for the past 2 days...and when the train does turn

> up....there are only 4 carriages!

>

> Surely if theres a backlog of people waiting for a

> delayed train, it makes sense to put on a Train

> with a full set of carriages!

... and the 08.27 is more often than not delayed and only has four carriages, with the knock-on effect that the subsequent (delayed) 08.33 is fit to bursting. This morning was a right old squeeze.

From Southern's website - might explain the fewer carriages

Updated 7 December 10:00hrs

We are running a normal weekday timetable today, Tuesday 7 December.

However, we are sorry that some trains will have fewer coaches than normal this week as some coaches were damaged in last week's snow. Our engineers are working hard to get all our trains back in service as soon as possible.

For details of any cancellations and short-formed trains, please see our live running pages or journey check.

Peckham native Wrote:

> From Southern's website - might explain the fewer

> carriages

>

> Updated 7 December 10:00hrs

> We are running a normal weekday timetable today,

> Tuesday 7 December.

> However, we are sorry that some trains will have

> fewer coaches than normal this week as some

> coaches were damaged in last week's snow. Our

> engineers are working hard to get all our trains

> back in service as soon as possible.

>

> For details of any cancellations and short-formed

> trains, please see our live running pages or

> journey check.

Trains damaged by snow....LOL!!

Ooh they are delicate things...these mechanical carriages

and what about the delayed 8.14, which when it pulled up at London Bridge, the doors on the front carriage didn't open leaving people stuck on the train as it started to leave on its return journey!!! then they have the cheek to increase all rail fares....

edited to add I am not getting at Barry and realise it isn't his fault/anything to do with him - just a bit of a rant as getting fed up with waiting in the cold

Ladygooner Wrote:

> and I would just like to add that there was no-one

> there to warm my seat on the train this morning in

> the First Class carriage or give me my daily

> cappucino for my arduous 10 minute journey!

First Class...does that mean a guarenteed seat or a Guarantee that you wont be squashed and crushed...?

Hi Barry,

This morning the 06:39 just showed as 'delayed' then never turned up. I pressed the button for info on the station twice but both times it rang and no one answered. Whilst I understand that there are occasionally delays, this doesn't explain the total lack of info. Is this something you could raise as appropriate please?

Hi

Really sorry about this, I have fed this through to our head of control. I know there were issues on the route first thing this morning

Barry

goldilocks Wrote:

> Hi Barry,

>

> This morning the 06:39 just showed as 'delayed'

> then never turned up. I pressed the button for

> info on the station twice but both times it rang

> and no one answered. Whilst I understand that

> there are occasionally delays, this doesn't

> explain the total lack of info. Is this something

> you could raise as appropriate please?

Dear all

I have been in a meeting today reference the weather. Southern have decided to run a revised time table tomorrow. No more snow is forcast tonight but will hit about 6am in the morning. Below are the revised times for your stations. Any other information or timings please refer to Southern's website

London Bridge to London Bridge (via Forest Hill, Crystal Palace and Tulse Hill)

A half hourly service will operate at 06 and 36 past the hour calling at New Cross Gate (11

and 41) Brockley (14 and 44) Honor Oak Park (17 and 47) Forest Hill (19 and 49) Sydenham

(22 and 52) Crystal Palace (30 and 00) Gipsy Hill (32 and 02) West Norwood (35 and 05)

Tulse Hill (39 and 09) North Dulwich (42 and 12) East Dulwich (44 and 14) Peckham Rye (46

and 16) Queens Road (49 and 19) South Bermondsey (51 and 21) London Bridge arr 56 and

26. The first train will be at 06.06 and the last train will be at 22.06.

London Bridge to London Bridge (via Tulse Hill, Crystal Palace and Forest Hill)

A half hourly service will operate at 03 and 33 past the hour calling at South Bermondsey

(07 and 37) Queens Road (09 and 39) Peckham Rye (12 and 42) East Dulwich (15 and 45)

North Dulwich (17 and 47) Tulse Hill (21 and 51) West Norwood (24 and 54) Gipsy Hill (27

and 57) Crystal Palace (depart 39 and 09) Sydenham (12 and 42) Forest Hill (15 and 45)

Honor Oak Park (17 and 47) Brockley (20 and 50) New Cross Gate (22 and 52) London

Bridge arr 29 and 59. The first train will be at 06.03 and the last train will be at 21.33.

Regards

Barry

Hi

As you can see from the pictures, our trains are delicate and as you know they are run of electric from the 3rd rail. You can see in picture one, the build up of ice has affected all the pipes and the part where the shoe touches the rail to draw power. As you can appreciate when you hack this away, sometimes can damage some parts and in addition collects more snow and ice when travelling. The second picture shows the front of one of our services which is frozen solid, even more so where the units attach to other carriages

Just though I would show you an example of what the units look like and hope this helps

Barry

Weegee Wrote:

> Peckham native Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > From Southern's website - might explain the

> fewer

> > carriages

> >

> > Updated 7 December 10:00hrs

> > We are running a normal weekday timetable

> today,

> > Tuesday 7 December.

> > However, we are sorry that some trains will

> have

> > fewer coaches than normal this week as some

> > coaches were damaged in last week's snow. Our

> > engineers are working hard to get all our

> trains

> > back in service as soon as possible.

> >

> > For details of any cancellations and

> short-formed

> > trains, please see our live running pages or

> > journey check.

>

> Trains damaged by snow....LOL!!

>

> Ooh they are delicate things...these mechanical

> carriages

Dear Barry Jones

I checked Southern Rail website on Saturday 18 Dec around midday,and clicked on to latest information, because I had hoped to travel to Victoria from Peckham Rye. Along with announcement of delays and early closure was a map of the network showing the lines that Southern Rail were attempting to keep open. Although SR was running trains to and from the south coast, the SLL that runs from Victoria to London Bridge was closed. I don't understand why SR was not able to run this line, which must have been less affected by the snow than the longer distance lines.

Chiara

Hi

I know there cancellations and delays, but I am aware services were running from platform 3 Peckham Rye to Victoria on the Southeastern services.

I will speak with my duty manager to clarify

Barry

Chiara Wrote:

> Dear Barry Jones

> I checked Southern Rail website on Saturday 18 Dec

> around midday,and clicked on to latest

> information, because I had hoped to travel to

> Victoria from Peckham Rye. Along with

> announcement of delays and early closure was a map

> of the network showing the lines that Southern

> Rail were attempting to keep open. Although SR

> was running trains to and from the south coast,

> the SLL that runs from Victoria to London Bridge

> was closed. I don't understand why SR was not able

> to run this line, which must have been less

> affected by the snow than the longer distance

> lines.

> Chiara

Hi

Like today Southern will be running a normal timetable tomorrow, however South West Trains a running a revised timetable today and not sure what they are doing tomorrow. Most Train Operating Companies are playing it on a day to day basis. I have just look at a long range forcast and it states more snow on way.

Sorry, this is the best I can do

Barry

Huggers Wrote:

> Hi Barry,

> I am meant to be visiting my mum in Dorchester

> tommorow. Internet information shows trains

> running normally, but realistically do you think

> it is safe to make the journey from Peckham rye if

> wanting to get back same day? thanks.

Morning

A couple of things

Southern running another normal service tomorrow (hopefully no more snow untill Christmas day and for it to melt by 27th)

Please be aware that we will be shutting down early on Christmas Eve

Saturday services will run between 27th and 31st December

If you go back a page or so, I posted all last services for all Train Operators for Christmas Eve

I would also like to thank you all for patience and understanding during this horrible weather we have been experiencing

I will post another update on Thursday (if needed) after that I am taking a well earnt break and will return on Monday 3rd January

Wishing you all a very Merry Christmas and a safe and prosperous 2011

Best wishes

Barry Jones

Area Manager

London Bridge/Metro East