The Bishop on Lordship Lane (Lounged)

JahLion

Last night four of us had a last orders pint at the Bishop pub in Lordship Lane. When we were finishing our drinks the 'Barsteward' drying glasses sought to deny any of us use of the bogs. Is this legal after taking our money? Surely was he was taking the piss?

The time before I went there a different barman overcharged me by ?105 on my card, luckily I got it back in the end, no thanks to the mardy bar manageress on duty that night. Not going back there in a hurry...

Were the toilets being cleaned? I don't understand why you wouldn't be able to use them otherwise? Seems a bit strange to me, and I have to say, I'd not be happy having to head home at that time of night (presuming it was late if after last orders?) with a full bladder!

Nope, they weren't being cleaned, on my way there the baldy barman said in an abrupt manner "Where do you think you're going?", I said I was going to the toilet, he followed this up with "Don't spend too long in there", what a charmer

The rest of our group got similar grief later on, I think the boss needs to organise some customer service workshops for his staff. It's a shame as the ale is pretty good in there and they have a decent range of drinks.

Never heard of that before. Mind sometimes you just have to ignore the bouncer/alpha male thing at all pubs/nightclubs etc and just smile back :)

My only difficulty in the Bishop is getting seen in the crowds trying to get a drink on weekends.

I thought the story sounded a bit dodgy on first recount, and all the dodgier in the second post - sounds like some people who'd been asked to drink up at closing time taking offence at being hurried along.

I've always said it's not my bag, but have always found staff perfectly nice. One real gripe, and this is aimed at all bars, not just the Bishop, is when they serve you a drink and a minute later you have a doorman standing over you telling you to drink up and leave. Don't serve a drink unless the customer is going to get 20 minutes to drink it in peace!

The whole place is a toilet they've got a right cheek.

Full of nutters! The Staff are the biggest nutters in the place so it does not surprise me what happened one bit.

They're doing you a favour serving you a drink.

Steer WELL clear there are so many other good drinking spots well not the EDT.

I don?t like the Bishop much but I always seem to end up in there. It?s god/karma/the universe or whatever you want to call her playing bastard silly buggers with me all the time.

But luckily, if you aren?t a masochistic idiot like me, ED is full of far superior, cheaper and friendlier places to drink.

KalamityKel Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Sounds to me thebeard, from many of your other

> posts around this joint, that you generally don't

> have very good experiences or opinions of places

> in ED... unlucky?

No way though......

I'm not sure that many of these places should licensed by Southwark.

East Dulwich is beginning to attract aggressive drunken revellers who would otherwise be going to areas more suited to large numbers of drunken louts.

Like the Old Kent road.

East Dulwich is turning into a mini Croydon town centre next there?ll be hen and stag parties roaming up and down lordship lane. Every other shop entrance will be splattered with vomit, luckily most residents have children and are will be quite used to the stench.

Hey that?s what we?re all about anyhow; it?s the up and coming area we have all decided we want to live in FAB we?re so Lucky!

Mick Mac Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Why does not "thebeard" look elsewhere for

> somewhere to live if its so bad. Probably does not

> even live in ED.

I say I does do live in ED.

In mi mansion with such lovely surroundings who would want to live anywhere else except possibly I?d consider monaco the cayman islands boston ummmm

chelsea fulham chiswick so many other places just not enough money, so I be stuck in ED but I do have a love hate relationship love the place but mostly hate the people. But that?s true of almost all cities the people are rude aggressive like caged angry animals.

We live like animals and the animals live free to like kings on organic farms only thing is we end up eating the poor things.

Guess it?s just the nature of City life.

That?s it I?m off to live on a Farm?????????????.. n get mi nose in a trough.

Bit like the local politicians, only not just for the weekend. Only joking.