bloody nappy valley (lounged)

betsy555

hislordship Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I had to walk out of Nero Coffee twice yesterday

> as I it was stuffed with mums with 4x4 bugs and I

> couldn't get a seat.

I think I spotted you, Yosemite Sam lookalike right?

You came a stompin' out, paused, did a double take and rubbed your eyes, then went back in rubbed your eyes once more and walked out again muttering something about 'young uns and womenfolk'.

Actually, I said 'How is it that it's a fucking weekday, and I still can't get a fucking seat to have a fucking coffee in this fucking coffee shop. Lazy fucking mums. Fucking that's why. Lazy fucking mums.'

I do recognize that I have an little anger problem before I have my coffee, so sorry mums. Not your fault.

spark67 Wrote:

> A little girl came up and hugged kissed my

> surprised 18 month old niece by giving her a kiss

> and a hug, her mum rushed up and said, " sorry

> about that i dont know where she gets that from,

> its not me, it must be her nanny". Only in Dulwich

> :)

Or a DulwichMum column.

Well, all I can say is we must be lucky to live in a place like East Dulwich if the worst people have to cope with is finding their way round the odd buggy and misbehaved child.

I've no plans to ever have a family, but I like the fact East Dulwich is a family area, gives me some sense of security that its a generally safe area, and means it's not too noisy and I can get a good night's sleep.

So, every once in a while I have to step out of my way on Lordship Lane to get past a buggy. Big deal, the fact other people are having kids means there will be people out working funding the NHS when I am old and need it!

In the grand scheme of things to worry about, this really doesn't register.

I've got kids( now teenagers) and I have to say I'm glad that there are enough decent Bars, Cafes and Restaurants ][[/i]on our doorstep, that can keep them hopefully entertained locally when they're old enough to go out at night. At least some of the time.[/i]

Thank you James , for actually seeing the point I was trying to make , I see it as a valued one as well . I have observed many a situation and shaken my head in dismay . For example bus journeys , when i was a child we were asked to vacate our seats for adults , nowadays the mother - parent stands and lets the child sit down , I would make my child stand up nd offer a seat to an adult , and if i wanted my child safe they would sit on my knee like we all did . urgh ! I cannot belie ve the responses , altho it makes me laugh that most have been about the acceess ways of the butchers ! xx see you have made me move my rant onto buses , I am nt a hater of children , i just dislike the way 30 somethings pander to their offspring , who is the boss here ?

...Eek, can I say, I'm a childless 'early' 30-something, and I quite living among young families in ED -- they always look quite happy and content. I'm doing a phd at King's and it makes me feel pretty settled -- however, it's good to have younger urbanites to keep the place young and trendy ;p *I count myself in that band of course*

Hi All

I live in Chislehurst which is a bit like ED but without the drug dealing and gun crime, it also has a Cafe Nero which is stuffed full of Yummies and three wheel prams so i think the problem is obviously Cafe Nero it must attract them like bees to honey. The solution for all the peeps who cant stand the Yummies or their sprogs is find a place that has no hope of a Nero opening and move there.

Vince

Alan Dale Wrote:

> vinceayre Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > Hi All

> >

> > I live in Chislehurst which is a bit like ED

> but

> > without the drug dealing and gun crime, it also

> > has a Cafe Nero which is stuffed full of

> Yummies

> > and three wheel prams so i think the problem is

> > obviously Cafe Nero it must attract them like

> bees

> > to honey. The solution for all the peeps who

> cant

> > stand the Yummies or their sprogs is find a

> place

> > that has no hope of a Nero opening and move

> > there.

> >

> > Vince

>

>

> So how do you get your weed in Chislehurst? Sounds

> like a pain.

Work in Nunhead!!!!!!!!!!!

...Eek, can I say, I'm a childless 'early' 30-something, and I quite living among young families in ED -- they always look quite happy and content. I'm doing a phd at King's and it makes me feel pretty settled -- however, it's good to have younger urbanites to keep the place young and trendy ;p *I count myself in that band of course*

What a nice comment - well said - too many people slag off young families in ED but even the younger people will most likely be parents some time, so its nice to hear someone who does not yet have children saying something positive. And I agree most people in ED with young children do seem happy, and most importantly the children seem happy. (not like when I was young, we were all miserable).