How many mp's should go?

SteveT

If there was any honour in Parliament we'd already have MPs resigning from office to fight by-elections - but not a single MP from a single party has stepped forward. Instead they have forced the Speaker out in an attempt to deflect blame.

The Prime Minister should call a General Election and thus make all 646 MPs stand for re-election.

thebeard Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> YES agreed Brown should call an election.

>

> Or even better the Queen should now that would be

> a story!

I have seen your xeroxed post ups near ED station.

snorky Wrote:

> thebeard Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > YES agreed Brown should call an election.

> >

> > Or even better the Queen should now that would

> be

> > a story!

>

>

> I have seen your xeroxed post ups near ED

> station.

? pardon ? B)

matthew123 Wrote:

Instead they have

> forced the Speaker out in an attempt to deflect

> blame.

Lol, he did look rather befuddled. i do like the way that they are trying to deflect the blame by making us think that he is responsible for everything..If he had his way, none of this would have come out..

Check out the latest Have i got news for you

(Its worth it for Rolfs', burning helmet quip & to watch the slimy Alan Duncan backtrack over the MP expense row )

If statues could talk then maybe Oliver Cromwell would once again say to Parliament, ?You have sat too long for any good you have been doing lately ... Depart, I say; and let us have done with you. In the name of God, go!?

From wikipedia: "[Cromwell] commanded the Speaker to leave the Chair, and told them they had sat long enough, unless they had done more good, crying out 'You are no longer a Parliament, I say you are no Parliament'. He told Sir Henry Vane he was a Jugler [sic]; Henry Martin and Sir Peter Wentworth, that they were Whoremasters; Thomas Chaloner, he was a Drunkard; and Allen the Goldsmith that he cheated the Publick: Then he bid one of his Soldiers take away that Fool's Bauble the mace and Thomas Harrison pulled the Speaker of the Chair; and in short Cromwell having turned them all out of the House, lock'd up the Doors and returned to Whitehall."

Cromwell stood and said [from Wikipedia, I think]

" you are not and will no longer be Champions - in your place Manchester United shall now reign over this land...from now and from this day forward."

Cromwell continued "I accuse Graeme Souness of being a jugler, Kenny Dalglish of being a whoremaster, Gerard Houlier of being a drunkard (of fine wine no doubt) and Rafa Benitez of cheating the public (with home draws v Fulham etc)"....

Alex Ferguson pulled Benitez from the chair....and said "don't you ever rant at me again you Dag* loser - you will get what you deserve... many years in a middle age, mid upper table wilderness" ....Ferguson reaches for the celebratory laphroig malt...and thinks of Cromwell.

KalamityKel Wrote:

> Recovered?

Yes Ma'am! cos while you were "busy" earning an honest crust near the corridors of power yesterday, I took the time and trouble to speak to every single person in the World ( apart from John Stapleton and Basil D'Oliviera, who could not be contacted) and every last one of them realised that I was jesting/japing (?)/joking about the return about BBW apart from one person...can yer guess who? (points finger very straight and true at KK)..B)