The man of kent - Nunhead

Louisa

Was in JW on Saturday for a couple pints - it is a great pub....after a quick pint in the back beer garden of The Chancery. I like it up there.

Rest of pubs not so good....although the Sat afo, Ibiza beats in the outside bar at La Rasscass was interesting. Retracable roof an everything!

david_carnell Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Yes, that's the place. Woodman not Woodsman -

> sorry. Didn't want to confuse it with the

> Woodhouse - terrible place.

>

> My new favourite pub since I moved to Penge.

> Though it's a bit of a trek still.

Nunhead isn't all that bad, and you're more likely to be hit by a flying focaccia if you venture into the Old Nun's Head pub these days. Once a great pub. Now the closest you'll get to a pool cue punch up is a minor gentleman's disagreement over who chooses the best bottle of Chablis on the menu.

Louisa.

Jeremy Wrote:

> david_carnell Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > Pick up three or four balls.

>

> As a projectile, or "melee" weapon? This could be

> useful if I find myself in Nunhead again.

All depends how fast you can get your sock off, Jez. I was thinking projectile though.

RD/DC - was assuming the ball-in-sock wouldn't work in a bar fight. Was actually wondering if the advice was to simply pick the ball up in your hand and smack someone with it. I've heard that salt cellars can be used too (although such items are a bit too poncy for proper boozers, I know).

One ball in each hand is sufficient, swinging things around like cues and filled socks is in the movies.

You may want to use the cue to break a couple of the windows, that'll get people calling the police - handy if you think you're gonna be requiring rescue from the situation.

Jeremy Wrote:

> RD/DC - was assuming the ball-in-sock wouldn't

> work in a bar fight. Was actually wondering if the

> advice was to simply pick the ball up in your hand

> and smack someone with it. I've heard that salt

> cellars can be used too (although such items are a

> bit too poncy for proper boozers, I know).

Salt cellar could be extra useful as you could pour some salt in to your hand, throw it in their eyes, then smack them repeatedly around the head whilst they're blinded.

Pub fight odds:

Louisa - 1-3on fav (no one messes when our Lou is around)

KidKruger - evens (boxing fan and knowledge of exotic Burmese martial arts)

Otta - 7-5 (poor eyesight belies his honeybadger tendancies)

*Bob* - 10-1 (high likelihood of getting into a fight though)

bob - 25-1 (no longer in his prime)

Jeremy - 100-1 (for having to ask about the melee or projectile merits of pool balls mid-fight)