Changing to Orange network - good or bad?

chica1

I've been with O2 for years (T-Mobile before that) and never had problems with them at all.

But now I'm getting a Blackberry Bold & Orange has the cheapest tariff rate for this ie ?24.00/mo for 18 mo contract & I paid ?78 for the phone which I can switch to PAYG after 18 mos as long as I pay min ?10 for top-up which is no big deal.

But I'll appreciate any opinions re Orange as I have 7 days to decide if I want to go ahead.

Thanks.

I can only compare Orange to Vodafone.

Vodafone - absofu*kinglutely terrible.

Orange - brilliant. From customer service, to the ease of their online billing website... never, ever had a problem and coverage is good in the ED area too.

Go orange (even though the colour is for morons , ask Moos)

I've never had a bad service or a billing issue......or anything bad from them....actually when my partner was pregnant & in hospital for 7 weeks they sent by courier a new phone to connect her laptop to the net so she could carry on her business from her room (she's hardcore eh )The guy even stopped & set it up for her, all in a 24 hr period. no extra cost either !

(Sh*t they must make some money though)

W**F

I've used Vodafone, Orange and O2 in East Dulwich - and Vodafone always gave a good signal. Not much difference between Orange and O2 signal wise. My only experience of Orange customer services was in regard their Internet package and it was very painful and frustrating.

I was with Vodafone for ages, no problems until I moved to ED (top end of LL) upon which I found i couldn't get any reception on my phone at all. There's another thread somewhere about a Vodafone reception blackspot in the area, I think. Switched to Orange, and since then no problems. Also, Vodafone tried to make it really hard for me to switch networks, even though I explained I'd been happy with them, but couldn't get reception in my new house. Offered me all sorts of "perks", stuff that I'd never use like extra texts, but sadly, couldn't offer that I could actually make and receive calls from my own house or a 300 yard radius around it! I used to get on the bus up to Forest Hill and as soon as I got to the Horniman Museum, my phone would kick in and a weekend's worth of text and ansaphone messages would suddenly arrive all at once.