some of the utter rubbish people waste time posting on this informative helpful forum

firstchoicegary

Please can anyone tell me why there is so much utter rubbish and waffle posted on here at times amongst the glorious reviews, adverts, and informative happy to read threads. I have used this forum for years , so why do some members ruin it with unethical unrelated and boring posts????

If you're after reviews, adverts and useful information, then I wouldn't really spent your time reading the lounge.... It's just a place for people to chat, which will sometimes be frivolous, sometimes interesting, sometimes dull and occasionally offensive.

It's about time some of us forum members were given the opportunity to open specific threads in which we offer advice and expert knowledge on things we know quite a bit about. Foxy and computershorty for example would be great examples, maybe dedicating a specific hour or two each week to a thread in which they discuss topics such as local history or magic etc it would be a great honour for me personally to dedicate an hour or two each week discussing spiritualism and hauntings (without having my thread taken over by radical thinking piss takers who like to mock everything I say!).

Louisa.

A thread dedicated to pubs would be great. Not just local pubs - but pubs we've experienced on our travels too. Somewhere for people to come for advice on nice places to visit and stay in, discuss alcoholic drinks past and present.

Louisa.

indiepanda Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> If you're after reviews, adverts and useful

> information, then I wouldn't really spent your

> time reading the lounge....

In fairness, this thread was Lounged from originally being posted in General Issues/Gossip.

IMO, if having room for waffle and banality means more users, then that's more sets of eyes seeing the more practical posts and ads, so it all works out well.

"It's about time some of us forum members were given the opportunity to open specific threads in which we offer advice and expert knowledge on things we know quite a bit about."

Could there be a 'miserable' section for negative posts, a 'genius' section for everything I post, and finally (I've always fancied this) an 'Arts' section for people to share their creativity - example threads perhaps being poetry and scribblings, output (photos of paintings/creations), music (your recordings [get in there Otta]), 'Events' (in the arts world).