Marks and Spencers the Tony Blair of the food world !

AllforNun

WTF do some people in ED seem to think that M&S is any better than Somerfields ?

Considering that fresh cooked food is by far the best and that ED has all the shops that can supply such fayre i can only presume that they think that by the arrival of said vacumous food hall will increase house prices as well as cholesterol and obesity. Considering the ED house prices are still an overpriced liberal fantasy it seems a bit of a waste of time to me.

Actually AFN I'm guessing that most people don't give a good goddamn on the matter.

There is no M&S in ED because they haven't opened one. If there was one I'd use it. If there isn't one, I won't yearn for it and it won't make or break the area for me.

M&S is better than Somerfield simply because the prepared food is superior.

But then I work in Brixton so I can stooge into my local there and pick up 500 ml of pomegranate juice, 500 ml of limeade cooler and a beef enchilada wrap, and all for only ?6.40NP.

Wouldn't do it every day, any more than I would if an M&S was situated on my doorstep.

Also now they have a gallery of cheapness to sell off near sell-by date items, which of course they'd need to do in ED in case there were some 'blow-ins' from Iceland.

I mean you never know.

Yes, home cooked food is better and usually more healthy. But...

- Not everyone has the time or inclination to cook a proper meal every day

- It would presumably be open after people get home from work - unlike the local shops, which most of us can really only visit once a week.

Personally I'm happy with what we've got, but I can see how some people may find it useful.

M&S phah!!!

"Plan A, because there is no plan B" that's what they said...

M&S clearly announced that there were going to be carbon neutral as a business by 2020? (or was 2012??) but everything is still so over packaged, and it is nearly impossible to find a vegtable that is British... sometime I feel the need to dash in at London Bridge but veg from Peru, Kenya, Argentina, Egypt (everything but british) so I have now given up gping there...

yes, folks... we can manage without asparagus tips till the British season comes along...

buy local, buy seasonal!!!!

"What do you mean AFN? I like Tony Blair - top man. Best PM in my lifetime. As for M&S I'm not a fan at all so I don't see the connection.

Now, Waitrose and Tony, that I can see - quality connection." yes your right mickey the best PM bar far and those academy schools of his were a TOP idea too !