EDF Drinks - Friday 1st June at The Gowlett

georgia

Another drink-up, another hangover.. but if I must be hungover then this is the weather to do it. Shame I have to trek up to North London mind

Good to see every one both new and old. Err not old, I mean "established".. I always wonder what the newbies must make of us. Think some recruiting was done as well...

Just to say a huge thank you to Georgia for organising last night... I had an absolutely lovely time and it was great putting faces to names.

However I think newbies should be supplied with large supplies of paracaetomal (sp?) for the next morning... my head hurts alot.

Really, I am not usually that drunk.

Honest.

As a newbie who went to the drinks at the Gowlett last night - thank you to everyone for being so friendly and welcoming (and dare I say it - but also normal!)

We had a dutch courage pint and pizza outside before coming in

Cheers guys - will definitely be at the next one and Badger's pink drinks next week!

:)-D

Back in South London now, so able to type properly. Aiming to head back out soon but SOMEONE can't handle late nights so will have to see what happens

Anyway, last night. The first drinks I've been to where we had EDF reserved signs out and so, obviously, no-one turned up. Or so it felt at 8ish when twas just a small 4-man band. But people arrived thick and fast and the whole reserved area became splendidly cosy

From the wonderful regulars (Bagpuss, Georgia, Mogs, LadyGooner, CitizenEd, Fear'n Boozin, AndrewD, Ant and more) to the Dorothys (Bellenden Belle, Jah Lush, Mikese22 and more) + the various partners and lurkers of this parish, everyone was in good form. I have probably overlooked some names there - feel free to remonstrate with me

We were also joined by Viv & Jamie from Hoopers bar which was a nice touch. As the planned destination for the next drink-up, they obviously want to check out what kind of damage we can do

As usual I spoke with some people too much (from their perspective) and others not enough, and once again the 1am last orders reminded me how weird it was we ever managed with 11pm

Several people took advantage of the fine pizzas - most of them did the civilised thing and removed themselves to a quieter table and used a knife and fork. I was less couth and just stuffed my gob - but I did offer some around

A fine venue, and some great new people I'm looking forward to the next one. I might even gatecrash the rainbow drinks next week