Green & Blue

I used to love Green and Blue, but the past couple of times we've been in it hasn't been up to scratch. Since the Clapham one has opened it seems as though the owner isn't around as much (which is understandable), and the service has gone downhill.

We used to be able to ask for recommendations for a bottle of wine, specifying type and budget and get some fantastic recommendations and info on the wine and drink it in lovely surroundings. Last time we went the staff could only talk about the bottles on the 'by the glass list' and didn't seem to have as much knowledge. Also on the previous couple of occasions the service has been generally a bit hopeless. The girl with long red-ish hair never writes anything down, but then forgets everything. The first time you think its a one off, but then it quickly becommes annoying. Add to that the fact that she short changed us and then when we pointed this out practically threw change at us.

Overall I think its a real shame as I'm now reluctant to go back. I want this place to suceeed and like it in principle, but don't want to pay for hopeless and rude service.

• 1 year later...

it's an old thread I know, but searching for green and blue gave me this or the "blue and green book club" thread so this one it is

Having long been intersted in the Luddite wine on sale in G&B (and who wouldn't be reading it's description)

Luddite Wine - Scary, no?

I finally got around to giving this one a good old go - and very very nice it was too. But far far less scary than that description sounds, which I'm not sure is a good thing or a bad thing. But in any case, Recommended to Shiraz lovers

I love Shiraz, which reminds me, had a lovely one in the mag a couple of weeks ago. Think it was the second cheapest on the reds list, but everyone in our party of about 10 commented that it was very very drinkable... Which could be why the bill was well over 300 quid in the end ;-)

miffy Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I love Tuesday night at G&B, but find that there

> are always a number of foodie items that they dont

> have, this can be frustrating, but does not put me

> off.

xxxx

But their menu isn't exactly extensive to start with, is it?

miffy Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I love Tuesday night at G&B, but find that there

> are always a number of foodie items that they dont

> have, this can be frustrating, but does not put me

> off.

It's actually Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday for February....