16 minutes - London Victoria to Underhill Road

Sherwick

Managed to beat my record today. Caught the train at Victoria at 21 munutes past the hour. Arrived in West Dulwich at 32 minutes past. Walked outside and got the P13 immediately (a miracle in and of itself!), which then proceeded to Underhill Road only stopping twice on the way. Got off on Underhill Road at 37 minutes past.

Gotta love living here!

:)-D

Every Area has its advantages.

In the Summer I would always want to be out in the glorious English Countryside, in the Fields, Meadows, Woods etc...

Alternatively I would like to be by the Sea which is exactly what we attend to do after lunch.

The Beach towels are already packed, we do not have to drive through London and as we are right on the A2/M2 we shall be on the beach in Whitstable/Seasalter in just under 50 minutes from our departure time.

The only reason we have not left yet is because high tide is not until 6.00 PM this evening...:)-D

Leave the flat.

Walk down three flights of stairs and to the garage (that's half my exercise for the day...)

Get on motorcycle.

Ride to Grays Inn Road

Park (for free) round the corner of where I need to be.

Go to where I need to be.

23 mins door to door, from Peckham Rye East side.

Thank f*&k I don't have to do that ride every day!

Normally it's:

Get up, go to kitchen, make coffee, go to living room.

Work.

My thoughts are with the commuters these hot days. Well, and ANY days as it goes!

Tony.London Suburbs Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Every Area has its advantages.

>

> In the Summer I would always want to be out in the

> glorious English Countryside, in the Fields,

> Meadows, Woods etc...

>

> Alternatively I would like to be by the Sea which

> is exactly what we attend to do after lunch.

>

> The Beach towels are already packed, we do not

> have to drive through London and as we are right

> on the A2/M2 we shall be on the beach in

> Whitstable/Seasalter in just under 50 minutes from

> our departure time.

>

> The only reason we have not left yet is because

> high tide is not until 6.00 PM this evening...:)-D

-----------------------------------------------------------

Just in time to walk in other people's dog turds & now with a sun baked crust......nice

@PeckhamRose

Me too. Record is Lordship Lane to Monument in 17 minutes. Nothing to do with my Rossi-esque riding skills, more luck with the traffic and lights TBH.

That's properly door to door too with the bike parking in the garage at work. It is getting a bit warm now though when stationary sat over an engine. H&S goes out the window at times like these... open face lid and shirt sleeves. Feels lovely!

Ohhh it terrifies me seeing bikers (and let's not start with cyclists) riding without protective gloves and footwear and so on. Yet I ride in jeans! My jacket is a summer jacket, with armour at elbows and back but with tiny holes all through which is lovely when you're breezing through. And I have a half face helmet indeed...

However, if you ARE unlucky and have an accident make sure you have it when I am nearby or someone like me who has just completed a First on Street Scene First Aid course.... And I have a First Aid bag on the bike too.

Back to topic...

Yes when the lights are in our favour I have done Peckham Rye to Liverpool Street in about 20 mins.

This afternoon I have to go to Croydon :(

I may go via Brighton :)

Yesterday 48 Miles to Seasalter Beach. 42 Minutes door-to-door.

Today 5 minute drive to local Station where I can park 25 yards away. 30 minutes on the train to Charing Cross or Victoria, so in inder 40 minutes I can leave my house and be in the heart of London.

As I said every area has its advantages, though I'm a little worried about the crime here as a neighbour had their car stereo stolen around 14 years ago and I'm worried that we are due another "incident"...:)

PeckhamRose Wrote:

> Ohhh it terrifies me seeing bikers (and let's not

> start with cyclists) riding without protective

> gloves and footwear and so on. Yet I ride in

> jeans! My jacket is a summer jacket, with armour

> at elbows and back but with tiny holes all through

> which is lovely when you're breezing through. And

> I have a half face helmet indeed...

Personal choice though, innit? I remember riding an Enfield round India a few years back where I was simply unable to get hold of any riding gear, the bike was 'hired' from the uncle of some bloke running one of the food stalls in town. Cruising round with no helmet was great.

I know the risks and it's an informed decision. Usually it's leather jacket, lid, boots and gloves at the very least. Full leathers for long rides and trackdays. Occasionally when it's this hot, I ditch the jacket and flip the lid up. I still wear gloves and boots though.

Ah. I've also played this game. It's not nerdy at all. No really.

My best was 23 minutes from London Bridge to Landells Road. Train to ED then again it's all about luckily timing the P13 aka the "Magic Bus".

It doesn't come often but when it does and you time it right its like travelling through time itself.

MrBen Wrote:

> Ah. I've also played this game. It's not nerdy at

> all. No really.

>

> My best was 23 minutes from London Bridge to

> Landells Road. Train to ED then again it's all

> about luckily timing the P13 aka the "Magic Bus".

>

> It doesn't come often but when it does and you

> time it right its like travelling through time

> itself.

Maybe the P13 is The Tardis! ::o

Tony.London Suburbs Wrote:

> Every Area has its advantages.

>

> In the Summer I would always want to be out in the

> glorious English Countryside, in the Fields,

> Meadows, Woods etc...

>

> Alternatively I would like to be by the Sea which

> is exactly what we attend to do after lunch.

>

> The Beach towels are already packed, we do not

> have to drive through London and as we are right

> on the A2/M2 we shall be on the beach in

> Whitstable/Seasalter in just under 50 minutes from

> our departure time.

>

> The only reason we have not left yet is because

> high tide is not until 6.00 PM this evening...:)-D

ahh but tls, if you go at low tide, there,s nothing like a stroll out on the street.

JetSetWilly Wrote:

ahh but tls, if you go at low tide, there,s nothing like a stroll out on the street.

B++ger the Sea JSW ! The game is Golden Jubilee Bridge to South Bank. Enjoy festivities, then lie by the London Eye for a couple of hours then straight o/s Queen Elizabeth Hall we have The Magic Fountain (for "kids" of all ages). I was the only so-called Adult who took the plunge but I did have Swimming Trunks on and Towels with me. It was really, really, refreshing and I felt great afterwards.(tu)