Mums in Business

Hi all,

I've just been to my second meeting of this group. They meet once a month in East Dulwich. It's a really useful place for entrepreneurs to meet, get ideas, share skills and basically bounce ideas off each other. I thought it was a great forum and they are looking for more people to attend.

Go to http://mothersinbusiness.co.uk/ for more details and to register for the next session. It's well worth going along.

• 1 month later...
Just a reminder that the next Mums in Business event is tomorrow (Wednesday August 12th) at 8pm. The venue is All Fired Up. We are all going to try to bring some finger food and SE Magazine will also be present. It would be great to see some new members.

Hi there,

I am not yet a mum (due to be in Feb 2010) but I am wondering if I can join the ED mums in business, or do I have to be a ready made mum, so to speak!?

I am starting a part-time book selling business for babies, toddlers and beyond as well as selling books of interest to older children - fabulous fiction, sports, art, science, maths and even languages to name a few. Such a shame I missed the event yesterday (12/08/09) as I was trying to contact Marilyn at All Fired Up to see if I could use the back room for my event. It would be great to be able to get into this with MIB support.

I am struggling to find a venue to hold my events as my flat is at the top of a conversion and isn't best designed for many babies and buggies. If you have any ideas of venues, I would be really greatful. I will also be looking to expand the business to local nursaries and daycare centres so again your advice wuld be invaluable.

Anyway, enough ranting, let me know if I can be a mum-to-be- in business and join your forum as it sounds fab.

Thanks,

Fiona

Of course you can. I was just a frustrated HR Manager with a fabrics obsession (nowhere close to having a business) when I started going to the meetings.

It's a pretty informal set up - don't expect power networking, but really great if you need some help getting your ideas off the ground, and especially good for helping you sort out the practicalities of starting a business - there's always someone who has come up against whatever challenge you're trying to work through and can help you get it sorted!

Hi,

I would love to come along...although not too sure if I qualify as I am not a mum (as yet)?! You probably know me as the dance teacher on EDF but I have recently started a new venture-Swiss skincare and would really like to take part in any of your meetings if possible... I am sure these will be of a great help in finding solutions etc...

Many thanks,

Joanna.

Do you think anybody there would like advice on property law - taking a lease of premises, landlord issues, buying business premises etc etc.

I'm a mum/commercial property solicitor and would be happy to come down to one of your events if anybody would like to chat about it.

(although I secretly want to run my own cake shop!).

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi

I am a mum who is thinking of leaving the security of my current employ and stepping into the heady world of setting up a business (and I am a mum).

I can't load the website or make tonights meeting, but i'd like to come to the next one if anyone can let me know when and where?

Thanks in advance

Mauny

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

I am a local new Mum. I support my husband's IT business and am a freelance communications consultant, and although I am loving motherhood, a Mums-in-Business monthly meeting sounds an ideal way to keep my brain wired into the business. Please let me know when the November meeting will be and I hope to see you there.

Every success,

Mia