> parent/children (pointless waste of space imo),

> however evening staff dont have such strict

> regulations placed on them about where they park

> as the store is usually not as busy and the

> parking enforcers have gone home. dont forget as

> well that the store carpark is not public streets,

> the disabled bays are more of a gesture than a

> right. if someone who isnt entitled to park there

> does, what are you gonna do? call the police?

> write a letter? prove its an employees car. you

> cant. basically your one voice singing in the

> darkness.

>

> are you disabled? if not your just a bored wasp

> busybody trying to tell someone who you see

> beneath you what to do. you went out of your way

> to try and make someones job that little bit

> harder.

>

> and to the "he works in sainsburys, how has he got

> a bmw" post. maybe he doesnt waste his money on 2

> bottles of wine per night to drown out his

> meaningless existance. maybe he doesnt go out to

> gastro pubs or overpriced flamboyant restaurants.

> maybe hes rich and works in sainsburys as a way to

> feel normal. think before you post you single

> minded ignorant muppets

---------------------------------------------------------

I'm warming to this guy! No really I am.

W**F

* actually on second read, I think "love" is the word.....oh yes L O V E*

I am well familiar with the BMI tables and also how people casually use terms beyond their strict medical application. So are you saying that EVERYONE who is morbidly obese automatically qualifies for a diabled badge?

And if that is true, then what about those who sneak in on the underside of morbidly obese but are still inconvenienced by their bodyweight in the manner I have described earlier?

And if that is true, then what about those who sneak in on the underside of morbidly obese but are still inconvenienced by their bodyweight in the manner I have described earlier?

Have a biiiiig lunch before being weighed for the badge-check. And wear ski boots.

Domitianus Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> On an associated point, could we perhaps have

> special parking spaces for the morbidly obese? I

> am thinking that exactly the same 'needs' exist

> for them as for parents and children. Namely:

>

> 1. They need more space to get out of their cars.

> 2. Due to their comparatively impaired mobility

> (compared to the lean and sprightly) they may find

> it more difficult to walk greater distances from

> their cars to the shop.

> 3. They are at greater risk of being injured in

> the "dangerous environment" of a car-park as they

> can't move out of the way so fast.

> 4. They prolly buy more groceries so have more

> shopping to carry back to their cars.

> 5. From the purely commercial argument, they eat

> more than other people and prolly buy more

> groceries so are probably a customer group worth

> courting by Sainsbury's.

>

> Am I serious? Of course not, but it is just as

> compelling an argument as the argument for Parent

> and Child spaces, i.e. not remotely compelling at

> all.

ANOTHER HILARIOUS POST on the same thread - this is GREAT! >:D< Keep them coming...cheaper than going to the theatre.

Re. ErnestoCHE's post...you are of course entitled to your opinion - but (in my opinion) that WAS a bit harsh. Though I DO agree with your message re. HonaloochieB's comment: "Why don't we all wonder why a Sainsbury trolley collector is driving a BMW?".

HonaloochieB: re. that rather snobby comment - SO WHAT! If you resent the fact (are insanely jealous even...and it sounds as though you might be) - then just say so. Oh, and before you ask, I own a bicycle!

???? Wrote:

> morbidly obese can get disability badges - I think

> we've done the other boring argument to death

>

> and to the "he works in sainsburys, how has he got

> a bmw" post. maybe he doesnt waste his money on 2

> bottles of wine per night to drown out his

> meaningless existance. maybe he doesnt go out to

> gastro pubs or overpriced flamboyant restaurants.

> maybe hes rich and works in sainsburys as a way to

> feel normal. think before you post you single

> minded ignorant muppets

Look Quids take EC's sage advice (mmm sage, goes with pork) and you never need be obese again.

Domitianus Wrote:

> I am well familiar with the BMI tables and also

> how people casually use terms beyond their strict

> medical application. So are you saying that

> EVERYONE who is morbidly obese automatically

> qualifies for a diabled badge?

>

> And if that is true, then what about those who

> sneak in on the underside of morbidly obese but

> are still inconvenienced by their bodyweight in

> the manner I have described earlier?

direct.gov says this:

Who can have a Blue Badge

You are automatically eligible to apply for a badge if you are over two years old and either:

* receive the higher rate of the mobility component of Disability Living Allowance

* are registered blind

* receive a War Pensioner's Mobility Supplement

You may also be eligible for a badge if you are over two years old and either:

* have a permanent and substantial disability which means you cannot walk, or which makes walking very difficult

* drive a motor vehicle regularly, have a severe disability in both arms, and are unable to operate all or some types of parking meter (or would find it very difficult to operate them)

If you are a parent of a child who is less than two years old, you may apply for a badge for your child if they have a specific medical condition which means that they either:

* must always be accompanied by bulky medical equipment which cannot be carried around without great difficulty

* need to be kept near a vehicle at all times, so that they can, if necessary, be treated in the vehicle, or quickly driven to a place where they can be treated, such as a hospital

sophiesofa Wrote:

>

> direct.gov says this:

>

>

> Who can have a Blue Badge

>

> You are automatically eligible to apply for a

> badge if you are over two years old and either:

>

> * receive the higher rate of the mobility

> component of Disability Living Allowance

> * are registered blind

-------------------------------------------------------------------

So a blind 2 year old is allowed to drive but with a blue badge.

OK, seems fair to me.

if you are over two years old and [...] drive a motor vehicle regularly [and] have a severe disability in both arms

I don't want to denigrate the disabled, but surely this is not the best person to be holding a drivers licence??

Horsebox - are you a teacher by any chance? Or apart of the East Dulwich Forum Police? I luuuurve they way you are trying to exert authority. Whatever turns you on.

I think you'll find my point was relevant to the topic- and while I don't expect 'super parking' because I am parent, I think that is a cheek that people who don't have a young baby or toddler use the spaces.

And don't even get my on cyclists............ (neee noor nee noor EDF Police, someone is going off the topic again!)

BORE OFF Horsebox.

Ladymuck Wrote:

ErnestoCHE's post...you are of course entitled

> to your opinion - but (in my opinion) that WAS a

> bit harsh. Though I DO agree with your message

> re. HonaloochieB's comment: "Why don't we all

> wonder why a Sainsbury trolley collector is

> driving a BMW?".

>

> HonaloochieB: re. that rather snobby comment - SO

> WHAT! If you resent the fact (are insanely

> jealous even...and it sounds as though you might

> be) - then just say so. Oh, and before you ask, I

> own a bicycle!

Well LadyM I wouldn't go so far as to say I was insanely jealous. On the other hand that's not been tested out by a mental health professional so perhaps I shouldn't speak too soon.

But I must take issue with your 'snobbby comment' remark, that stung by Jove.

Less of a snob you couldn't meet of a May morning. I see myself as a 'man of the people' through and through.

Growing up we had the bare minimum of staff, a butler, a cook, a tweenie and a knives and boots boy.

The butler wasn't of the highest calibre and a blush mantles my cheek at the admission he doubled as a chaffeur.

The knives and boots boy really wasn't worth a damn and truthfully was only kept on for the other three to bully as it distracted them from the fairly cramped conditions they had to live in.

Anyway I regularly donate money to the poor and ignorant, play dominos with them on occasion and always send sticksof mild round to my cleaner and her friends when they're biddying up in the snug.

So nothing is more caculated to wound my amour propre than an allegation of snobbery.

Anyway I've spoken on the matter and am prepared to forgive you. Let that be an end to it.

But there's got to be something suspect about the trolleyboy/Beamer interface, hasn't there?

I say, Hona, you clearly have the common touch. Over on the Association Football thread I have been accused of being too posh and advised to rough the edges a bit if I should like to fit in. Do you think you could drop a few tips on how one might appear a little less de haut en bas?

As for the Beamer, I believe even relatively impoverished gentlemen (such as yourself, for instance) have been known to hook such items at the Baccarat table early on a Sunday morning.

HonaloochieB Wrote:

> But there's got to be something suspect about the

> trolleyboy/Beamer interface, hasn't there?

Only if you're a SNOB;-)

PS I forgive you too, but only because your last post made me laugh so much - that's the THIRD HILARIOUS post on this thread...fabby!>:D<. Eat your heart out Comedy Club!

LM

Ted Max Wrote:

> I say, Hona, you clearly have the common touch.

> Over on the Association Football thread I have

> been accused of being too posh and advised to

> rough the edges a bit if I should like to fit in.

> Do you think you could drop a few tips on how one

> might appear a little less de haut en bas?

>

> As for the Beamer, I believe even relatively

> impoverished gentlemen (such as yourself, for

> instance) have been known to hook such items at

> the Baccarat table early on a Sunday morning.

The first thing that springs to mind Ted is not to lapse too far into the demotic.

I still shudder with embarrassment at the time dear Nigel Havers called a costermonger 'mate'.

I have never heard a market fall silent like that.

Ghastly.

"Dear" Havers is a blessed curse. The sapling wimped out of Coll to go to his ridiculous theatre school, and has since mistaken the chintz-gusseted adoration of the Laura Ashley classes for a career as a latter-day rake.

You will know that when he was cast ahead of dear old Paddy Ryecroft in Chariots, David Burghley pulled his name from the film in protest - as if the virgin Havers could ever have pulled those slender knees over the high hurdles.

Thank you for your tips on mixing it more successfully with the Hoi Polloi. There's a drink behind the bar for you, squire!

Olive-tree Wrote:

> Horsebox - are you a teacher by any chance? Or

> apart of the East Dulwich Forum Police? I luuuurve

> they way you are trying to exert authority.

> Whatever turns you on.

>

> I think you'll find my point was relevant to the

> topic- and while I don't expect 'super parking'

> because I am parent, I think that is a cheek that

> people who don't have a young baby or toddler use

> the spaces.

>

> And don't even get my on cyclists............

> (neee noor nee noor EDF Police, someone is going

> off the topic again!)

>

> BORE OFF Horsebox.

If other drivers think the parent and baby spaces are a load of ridiculous b***cks (as a good number of posters seem to) then I think it is a d**n good thing for them to ignore them and park in those bays if they want to. I assume they are conveying the message - "Kindly don't treat me as a second-class citizen Sainsbury's, just because I don't have a child in tow!"

I think it is a bit of a cheek for anyone to say it is a bit of a cheek for someone to disregard and flout a palpable nonsense!

Good for them.

F*ck me I can't ever remember this bothering me in the slightest for the vast majority of my years when I, like everyone who is a parent, was infact childess too, I suggest those few without young babies and toddlers for whom this seems to be such a big thing 'get a life' as i think the phrase goes, something they are lucky enough to be able to have the time and energy to do if my memory of 90% of my life is not completley scrambled

Olive-tree Wrote:

> Horsebox - are you a teacher by any chance? Or

> apart of the East Dulwich Forum Police? I luuuurve

> they way you are trying to exert authority.

> Whatever turns you on.

>

> I think you'll find my point was relevant to the

> topic- and while I don't expect 'super parking'

> because I am parent, I think that is a cheek that

> people who don't have a young baby or toddler use

> the spaces.

>

> And don't even get my on cyclists............

> (neee noor nee noor EDF Police, someone is going

> off the topic again!)

>

> BORE OFF Horsebox.

BORE OFF yourself, bloody lunatic.

I think that in your blind rage you've somehow got me confused with another poster on the 'off topic' thing. Perhaps your bloodlust for super parking has sent you slighly crazy. Anyway ,Not sure what my occupation has to do with anything but my job is 'Street Clown' and I mainly work in and around the ED area.

If it's such a 'hassle hassle' for you to walk your offspring a few yards across the Tarmac then why not get your groceries delivered?

Ding Ding!

???? Wrote:

> F*ck me I can't ever remember this bothering me in

> the slightest for the vast majority of my years

> when I, like everyone who is a parent, was infact

> childess too, I suggest those few without young

> babies and toddlers for whom this seems to be such

> a big thing 'get a life' as i think the phrase

> goes, something they are lucky enough to be able

> to have the time and energy to do if my memory of

> 90% of my life is not completley scrambled

Ever strike you that there is a principle at stake here? Any significant discrimination is usually part of a creeping process starting with things that 'don't really matter'. I wonder if, as a parent, you would be so blase and view this as a nothing if the boot was on the other foot and Sainsbury's, for example, introduced a 'child-free' evening to allow people to go shopping without rug-rats running around, or set aside part of the Starbucks where children were banned to allow those without to sip their latte in peace? Or established parking spaces next to the doors that were exclusively for the use of those without children in tow and from which family-carrying vehicles were banned? I strongly suspect you and others would be banging their drums about this blatant discrimination against families. What would your reaction be then if someone told you to "get a life" and told you it really shouldn't be any inconvenience to you. It wasn't that long ago since we had some irate poster on here screaming blue murder at Le Chandalier because they had the nerve to ask her not to let her nippers climb over their expensive chairs. That was portrayed, not as the reasonable behaviour of a proprietor wising to protect her furnishings from being used as a climbing frame, but as an outrageous and egregiously discriminatory attack on families.

Was that something insignificant? Should she have just been told to "get a life"?