The New Cherry Tree On Grove Vale

Zak

@AGW3

> with the staff being of great improvement

> compared to the last lot that used to own this

> pub.

In all fairness it was always the owners that were the problem, Always thought the old staff were Excellent. Suprised me how some of them managed to stick with the owners for so long.

Still aint managed to get in since the new owners took over, excited to see it though and possibly get a great local, anybody any pics??

So the tech team have the website back on. It's our initial menu and you might notice slight changes but it will give you an idea of what we do. We will be changing the menu when things are in season or what's good at the moment

The lunch offer will only be a one starter, one main and one dessert that we put on that day. I'm sure you'll agree that with a wine, ale or soft it's back to the 80's price wise.

2 courses for ?6.95

3 courses for ?9.95

Monday to Friday 12-3pm

Hope to see you soon

Thecherrytree Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

>

> The lunch offer will only be a one starter, one

> main and one dessert that we put on that day.

Sorry to be dim.

Will there be a choice, or will there for example only be one starter available?

And if so, will you be putting what's on offer on your website each day?

Only asking because I'd hate to come down looking forward to lunch and then find it was something I couldn't eat (without horrible results :)) )

Turned up last Wednesday to watch football (having checked with staff a few days before that they definitely had BT Sport showing European Champions League matches. Disappointed to discover they hadn't subscribed to BT Sport Europe and couldn't show the game. Probably another opening 'glitch' but fellow footie fans are advised to double-check with management in the future....

Otherwise agree with all the other positive comments re. new management/make-over.

Tried out the lunch menu today with some work colleagues - got to say a big thumbs up from us-really good food and amazing value! Really like what they've done with the place too, nice atmosphere and friendly staff. We'll be back :-)

Had a roast @ the new cherry tree last sunday and a massive thumbs up from my girlfriend and I. The service was superb. Charlie and the team were a friendly bunch. The roast chicken was great value for a tenner. The bread and butter pudding was delicious.

After lunch, we sat in the bar area and the watched some of the Chelsea game. Nice atmosphere overall. The place is totally unrecognisable, considering the last time I went in there was 2012. Money well spent on the refurb.

Living on Copleston road, this place defo has the potential to be my new local. Keep up the good work guys...

Hi Cherrytree...

Could you give an example of your special offer for lunch menu please? Coming in next week!

Thecherrytree Wrote:

> @ Jah - Not sure how long we'll keep the lunch

> offer on. Maybe for a while, lets just see. We

> want to give something very tasty at a really good

> price with a cheeky drink. Two courses for ?6.95

> Monday to Friday

>

> @ Jonhl There's talk of a really good quiz. We'll

> keep you all posted.

Enjoyed a couple of pints after the Dulwich Hamlet match yesterday, and some very nice chips (well I'd actually call them wedges, but anyway).

Have to say I don't understand why they kept half the pub reserved for earing when there wasn't a single person eating a meal. If I was going to go out for dinner, I wouldn't choose a place showing the football and full of post match drinkers.

I'd say open the whole pub to drinkers until 8, then maybe have the foody side.

Otta Wrote:

> Enjoyed a couple of pints after the Dulwich Hamlet

> match yesterday, and some very nice chips (well

> I'd actually call them wedges, but anyway).

>

> Have to say I don't understand why they kept half

> the pub reserved for earing when there wasn't a

> single person eating a meal. If I was going to go

> out for dinner, I wouldn't choose a place showing

> the football and full of post match drinkers.

>

> I'd say open the whole pub to drinkers until 8,

> then maybe have the foody side.

Usually I'd say the opposite (drinkers priority after 8) but

I don't eat at pubs much :)

Suppose it goes on the stats of the pub - and the new guys don't

know that yet.

I'm not really a pub eater either (the chips were for my daughter, I just nicked some), but this place clearly intends to make money through the kitchen, which is cool. However, when Dulwich Hamlet are at home, they are going to get a fair bit of trade coming in at 5pm Saturday, and it's unlikely that people are going to see that and choose to go for a quiet meal.

Especially when it's raining and the garden is a non starter, just seems like a huge waste of space.

Not trying to be critical of the place here, I genuinely want it to work, I just think DHFC Home Saturdays they'd be best served by encouraging that. Maybe pushing themselves as the unofficial DH club pub.

Note, after this coming Saturday, DH will be away for three Saturdays on the trot, and not home again until October. They do however have some Tuesday evening games, so the pub may benefit from that for some late evening after match jars.

We dropped in at 3.00 this afternoon for a spot of late lunch - didn't feel pressured to sit in any particular part of the pub and a party of six arrived and soon decamped to the 'seated' bit. I trust the staff will play it by ear whether they need to keep a dining bit or not. Anyway, we had the terrine and crab on toast - really good quality food, up to comparison with our regular The Montpelier in Peckham. Beer is well kept too.

We had lunch here today.

Excellent ales and starters. Good friendly service.

Disappointed with one of the mains, especially given the price, which they apparently subsequently took off the menu and replaced with something else. They are onto their second head chef (not sure if this was connected).

Despite that, we like the new Cherry Tree and we will be back :)

I came in today with 2 friends and we LOVED the food, but although you make it clear here, it's not terribly clear on the menu that the special is not a choice from said menu but is a starter and main chosen by yourselves?

So for example as a veggie person I couldn't go for the special because it was terrine then sausages! Just a minor quibble-I had the tagliatelle which was MAGNIFICENT, and my friend was in raptures after having the duck too.

And I raved about the place all afternoon at work! We'll be back ;-)

Thecherrytree Wrote:

> So the tech team have the website back on. It's

> our initial menu and you might notice slight

> changes but it will give you an idea of what we

> do. We will be changing the menu when things are

> in season or what's good at the moment

>

> The lunch offer will only be a one starter, one

> main and one dessert that we put on that day. I'm

> sure you'll agree that with a wine, ale or soft

> it's back to the 80's price wise.

>

> 2 courses for ?6.95

>

> 3 courses for ?9.95

>

> Monday to Friday 12-3pm

>

>

> Hope to see you soon

We popped into the Cherry Tree on Bank Hol Monday and I really liked it - great new layout and design, nice light and airy feel. Thought the menu looked great and reasonably priced, although we weren't able to stay for dinner.

Staff all seemed really nice and friendly and the garden looks great.

Another great addition to the ED pub family - thanks new Cherry Tree!