The New Cherry Tree On Grove Vale

Zak

I had the same confusion - thought the lunch special was anything from the menu.

Ate at Chery Tree yesterday and had the burger and chips and it was easily the best burger in ED/Peckham. About ?14 as chips aren't included and we had bacon too! But it was so worth it.

Wanted the Eton Mess but we were running late for meeting friends.

Def go and try it out!

Angharad

Sorry about the confusion. The lunch offer is on the board and on our menu it says ask for details.

6.95 for two courses

9.95 for three courses

With a wine, ale or soft drink

@ siousxiesue

We've been having vegetarian food on you must have missed it. Today we have vegetarian and meat. If you come in I'm sure it won't be a problem to request vegetarian. Always happy to help.

Hopefully see you soon

I like the physical changes to the Cherry Tree, feels much more spacious and lighter. However I think too much space, and emphasis has been given over to the 'restaurant' dining area. You can eat anywhere in the pub, inside or garden and splitting the pub in this way doesn't work for me.

Had a roast on Sunday, it was no more than average, and lacked a decent portion of veg and so on that basis was slightly overpriced.

Love the new layout of the pub. Not impressed with the food. Had the lunch deal on Friday. Never thought I would feel ripped off over ?6.95. That day it was tagliatelle (about 15 strands), tomato sauce and I suppose to make it look fancy a couple dollops of olive tapenade. Dessert was two scoops of ice cream. Gave them a second try this week. Had the burger. I don't think the meat was fresh and tasted cheap. Please, please, I want to love this pub for the decor and food. I want to support it, but not sure I'll give it another try for a couple weeks.

@ eliz01 We are genuinely sorry that you felt ripped off for ?6.95 for a small pasta, two scoops of ice cream and the option of wine, beer or a soft. I have't seen a 15 strand pasta go out so I apologise for the mistake. We are very accommodating and kind, we want you to feel satisfied . So next time just tell us there and then and we will fix it for you.

Regarding the our house marinated tapanade we are not trying to be fancy, just simple and delicious. The lunch offer is designed for three courses at a really good price. The other day people had our pressed pork, pigeon and prune terrine, sourdough toast and cornichons to start, followed by pasta. Some of them couldn't fit in dessert. Yesterday vegetarian soup was delicious. We've had roast chicken, chorizo, chickpeas and spinach which would be more filling or we can look at more filling vegetarian options. I would suggest going for 3 courses if you have time. Only ?9.95

On our a la carte menu we have tagliatelle with broad beans, runner beans, cavalo nero, a splash of vegetable sock and Ragstone goats cheese if you don't mind spending a bit more.

Noted on the burgers and we have already changed the recipe recently to different cuts including chuck, bavette and bone marrow.

@ grok. Quite a few people are having three courses including a roast on Sunday. When you order ask for extras and will be happy to do it. Not a problem.

Thanks for the feed back. All noted. Just ask and we will fix it for you.

Thecherrytree Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> @ eliz01 We are genuinely sorry that you felt

> ripped off for ?6.95 for a small pasta, two scoops

> of ice cream and the option of wine, beer or a

> soft. I have't seen a 15 strand pasta go out so I

> apologise for the mistake. We are very

> accommodating and kind, we want you to feel

> satisfied . So next time just tell us there and

> then and we will fix it for you.

>

> Regarding the our house marinated tapanade we are

> not trying to be fancy, just simple and delicious.

> The lunch offer is designed for three courses at a

> really good price. The other day people had our

> pressed pork, pigeon and prune terrine, sourdough

> toast and cornichons to start, followed by pasta.

> Some of them couldn't fit in dessert. Yesterday

> vegetarian soup was delicious. We've had roast

> chicken, chorizo, chickpeas and spinach which

> would be more filling or we can look at more

> filling vegetarian options. I would suggest going

> for 3 courses if you have time. Only ?9.95

>

> On our a la carte menu we have tagliatelle with

> broad beans, runner beans, cavalo nero, a splash

> of vegetable sock and Ragstone goats cheese if you

> don't mind spending a bit more.

>

>

> Noted on the burgers and we have already changed

> the recipe recently to different cuts including

> chuck, bavette and bone marrow.

>

> @ grok. Quite a few people are having three

> courses including a roast on Sunday. When you

> order ask for extras and will be happy to do it.

> Not a problem.

>

>

>

> Thanks for the feed back. All noted. Just ask and

> we will fix it for you.

I'm really looking forward to having the tagliatelle with broad beans again, and I'm so not a pasta lover! Just waiting for the perfect excuse to have a big lunch and hoping the menu doesn't change too much! I refused a flyer the other day-said I was already convinced it was a big improvement!

Hello,

I had a meal there on Wednesday night and I was really impressed with the food. Its priced properly and good sized portions. The staff were great and friendly.

Go and check it out....plus they do a lunch deal. 2 dishes & drink for ?6.95 or three courses & drink for ?9.95. Errr, that's pretty amazing for London...

N