The New Cherry Tree On Grove Vale

Zak

Popped in yesterday after the match at Champion Hill. Very impressed. Nice bar area and seating. Sat out back in the garden (which has been vastly improved). Very pleasant and efficient staff and the burgers looked amazing though I didn't try one but looking forward to doing so. Nice selection of ales. A big thumbs up from me. Will definitely be going back.

We also dropped in last night.

The place has a nice feel, the staff were friendly, and we had an excellent pint of Brakspear and a pint of something from a local brewery (sorry wasn't my pint so I can't remember what it was) for ?7.

We had intended eating but weren't really tempted by the particular menu on offer last night, and thought many of the items were priced on the high side, however we will try again!

We will deffo be back for drinks, anyway.

Good luck Cherry Tree, hope you thrive, start of a whole new era :)

Hey Bob,

Just to let you know our opening hours are Sunday to Wednesday 12pm to 11pm and Thursday to Saturday 12pm to Midnight.

Don't know if this would interest you we are offering our opening lunch offer to everyone, so please pop if you are free.

LUNCH OFFER - MONDAY TO FRIDAY 12-3PM

FRESH SEASONAL FOOD

STARTER - MAIN - DESSERT

WITH A GLASS OF WINE, BEER OR A SOFT DRINK

?6.95 TWO COURSES

?9.95 THREE COURSES

See you soon Bob :)

Another thumbs up from me. Was in there on Friday night and thought they'd done a good job with the revamp. Expected the place to be packed, but it was pretty quiet in there. We used to go there a few years ago after playing 5-a-side football, but got fed up with the miserable reception we got from the previous owners and started drinking elsewhere. Be happy to make it our local again.

@ Jah - Not sure how long we'll keep the lunch offer on. Maybe for a while, lets just see. We want to give something very tasty at a really good price with a cheeky drink. Two courses for ?6.95 Monday to Friday

@ Jonhl There's talk of a really good quiz. We'll keep you all posted.

The Cherry Tree / Vale has always had the potential to be a great pub.

But everyone that has lived here for any time knows what / who the problem was,

Now a great opportunity for the new owners to turn this place around.

It has the space to accommodate sport along side food and a good selection of ales .

I'm not so sure they will need to resort to Quiz nights.

EDT tried that recently and it was a total flop.

The EDT is not a failing pub but Quiz night was the whim of a new manager

Who has since been moved on.

I do occasionally go to Dulwich Hamlet when I'm not at Millwall

And may well pop in to the Cherry Tree post match.

Also Hong Hong is my Fav. Chinese so another excuse

To pay them a visit

Foxy

I went to the new pub primarily to watch the football. They seem to have a good selection of ale with the staff being of great improvement compared to the last lot that used to own this pub. The decor is very nice, they have moved the bar from being in the centre to the left hand side which is a great improvement. I will no doubt be trying the food there and will report back. So far so good. I recommend a visit.

I went in there with the Mrs last night for dinner. Was impressed by the Cherry Tree burger and the service was superb, Mrs welshio had the duck salad and enjoyed it. We would have stayed for dessert but the mains left us stuffed.

Given that I can see my flat from the beer garden I'm more than happy to make this my new local. Hopefully they'll also be showing Rugby during the World Cup and if I'm lucky maybe even the odd footy game featuring the mighty Swansea City :-)

Sue Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Cherry Tree, there's a problem with your website:

>

> "The server is temporarily unable to service your

> request due to bandwidth limit has been reached

> for this site. Please try again later."

>

> :(

Good news

in a way :)

JohnL Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Sue Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > Cherry Tree, there's a problem with your

> website:

> >

> > "The server is temporarily unable to service

> your

> > request due to bandwidth limit has been reached

> > for this site. Please try again later."

> >

> > :(

>

> Good news

>

> in a way :)

If it's due to the numbers trying to get onto it, then maybe, but I'm still getting the error message and I can't believe their website is permanently jammed with potential customers desperate to see the menus?

Though that would of course be nice for The Cherry Tree, however probably even better if said potential customers could actually find the info they are looking for :))

Thanks for the really great feedback everyone. It means so much and we really appreciate it.

We must say it's been great meeting so many people in the last few days that have been wanting something different. We're pleased to say this, but only after a few days we have many new regulars who we get on really well with. We love the community vibe down here and it's something quite special. Grove Vale is a great place to chat to people that have lived here for years from every background and we like it a alot. Who said Londoners are miserable? I've lived in South London for 25 years! We are looking forward to meeting more of you.

Note to The Cherry Tree Pub / System Administrator.

509 Bandwidth Limit Exceeded

Your server reached the bandwidth limit that the system administrator imposed. The only solution for this issue is to wait until the limit resets in the following cycle.

To resolve this issue, contact your system administrator.

DulwichFox