new coffee bar (was Fresh New Gossip for this Forum)

karter

I was a baby, Asset. But my mummy didn't clog up the high street with my huge oversized pram. Nore did she travel en masse with lots of other mummies up and down the high street. I love the ED babies. Just not when their mummies/ daddies/ nannys crash their 4 x4 style strollers into me. :)

not another coffee shop back too earlier thread what about a veggie cafe maybe with a juice bar instead of adding to the stressed out adrenal coffee junkies or anything different from the same old lets jump on the bandwagon. Great to see eco paints on sale and bamboo works well as fibre, although would be hoping fair trade although know the owner likes to deal direct with manufactors so expect is or similar.

Shaman

It will be a different kind of coffee bar if all works well. Dont diss it just yet.If you are a real shaman as your name suggests then perhaps you should cast a spell and make originality in east dulwich permanent.Why you ask? Just overheard that another boutique may be coming to LL. Then again,it could be entirely different to the others.

Mockney Piers wrote

>I thought we worked out that prams in the 'olden days' were double the size of your modern ones....

MPiers, yes they were in the Victorian era. But I suspect LL didn't back then cater for mums who lunch. Anyway...on with the coffee shop thread.

I have six children mostly grown up now, back then I used to run toddler groups and we all tried to find the smallest buggy even when had double buggy so we could get everywhere and they lasted years just think buggies gone way of cars big and flash with lots of gadgets status symbols I think.

does each thread ultimately become a discussion on why anything that proposes to open on LL is bad and about buggies/kids in pubs? if you're complaining about originality of shops/eateries maybe you could start by working on originality of thread material.

i welcome any new cafe, boutique whatever, especially if it plugs up one of the empty ugly shops. bring it on ...

Fair enough mama

I own several of these units in the area and know many of the shopkeepers and pop my head in now and again.If there is a choice to be made between a shop opening and selling the same product as another shop round the corner and a shop opening and selling something truely original and sought after, which do you think should be chosen?Personally I think the latter as it would cause zero stress between our nice traders. I assure you these ugly closed down shops will be plugged soon starting with Walsh glazing.

love children said earlier used to run number of child groupsnothing against parents with children since have plenty of experience of being in that position more the 4x4 attitude of some 3x3er's, back to point one of the things of ed is its diversity which is its strong point adding to that of anything new should be welcomed.

Karter, can you please enlighten us on the following?

Mystery shoe shop replacing one of the Walsh units

Bombay Bicycle Club Indian takeaway & White Stuff... have they changed their minds?

The Plough refurb

Police station - what's gonna replace it?

Any gossip gratefully received and devoured like a pig at a cabbage :))

James, gosh you are demanding, I am only allowed to answer a few for now.

Shoe shop will be in the last unit to the right.

Bombay is not coming, old gossip

Ludlow is taking the empty shop next door

Flash coffee shop maybe(cant say which)

Old afro barbers may be some kind of gift shoppee

Plough, no idea

Big shop next to plough probably a mini asian supermarket

Sainsburys wanted police st apparently but will not happen now, block of flats instead is last i heard.

Hope that satisfies your curiosity

Oooh yes, very good thanks! What sort of shoe shop? Something cool & for blokes too please (not overpriced baby booties!!!)

Ludlow - ugh

Coffee shop - yaay, as long as it's a cool one

Police station - not more flats, surely!?

it all sounds good, kids, new shops, flats and all. i too am intrigued by the shoe shop, wonder what it will be like? however, when are we going to get a decent japanese or italian?? i know, i know this has been discussed on many threads before, but that would be the best of best news, even if it was a chain *horror* like itsu...

Fast forward Dulwich late May 2008 :

White Stuff packed full of dull city workers looking for some dull casual wear to dull up their dull lives

Some sort of boutique-style show shops next to WS, selling overpriced womens shoes and toddler shoes

I can see the three-wheeled buggy brigade walking up the lane on mass as I type, pushing common folk and elderly people out of their path .. I think the Harry Enfield clip of the guy with a antiques shop in London sums this all up quite nicely ;-)

Has no one noticed that 3 wheelers are passe and that its all Gwyneth's Bugaboo's these days!

Sorry, newby on the forum but this 3 wheeler thing keeps coming up, funny if scarily accurate though about designer prams generally.

I finally braved lordship lane today,last experience was not good,but it was a saturday,but on the advice of the friendly forumites i did it thanks.Butchers were helpful,was looking for the teashop????Where is it has it opened?Went into moxons nice fellas.Karavan very friendly although new really looked after me,asked him about a device i saw at the greenfair,for recharging batteries,did anyone else see that?Dr energy i think,top idea hes looking into it at the moment as hes had other requests for it.Farmers brill shop loving the practical items like tupperware and i now have a big shopping bag to use for all my shopping

ta again forumites