Ganapati Peckham

eccentric

Having passed this establishment on Holly Grove on many occasions I took Mrs. Eccentric out last night for a sample. A truly fantastic meal. Not your average LL curry house, you could identify and taste every ingredient, highly recommended.

I would also like to declare no financial interest in this establishment!

eccentric Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Having passed this establishment on Holly Grove on

> many occasions I took Mrs. Eccentric out last

> night for a sample. A truly fantastic meal.

I have to agree. IT's not far from us, and is fantastic - get yourselves along, you won't be disappointed.

If the weather is good, and you book in advance, you can sit out back in their little yard. They only have one long table out there, so it's nice and private. They have nice plants and flower baskets out there, and it really is lovely! I was sat out there the first time my friend took me there, and it was so nice.... Maybe that's why I'm so positive on the place... Good first impressions. Have always liked it since though.

Sitting outside would also sort the smelling of cooking thing ;-) I've not actually noticed it before, but it is quite a little place, so I can well believe it... Small price to pay though, you can just take you clothes to CSM dry cleaners to get them sorted ;-)

Went there last night for first time and can highly recommend - little gem of a place. Excellent food and service (chef is a woman by the way) and we didn't smell of cooking afterwards. It's pretty and original - small garden looked inviting but We sat inside. There are outside tables on pavement area - only possible drawback are skulking hoodies who occasionally drift past, having been mugged around there a few years ago I took a minimalist handbag (in terms of contents for a laydee) with me.

• 10 months later...
Food is amazing and owner charming but I can't stand the guy who serves during the day and I'm not the only one. He obviously hates children - fair enough - I find mine pretty trying at times but he makes what should be an enjoyable experience quite hard.

I went to Ganapati early one evening with eldest daughter this pushy waitress asked if we had booked, the place was empty except for a couple at one table. She then said we are fully booked and need the table at 9pm it was 7pm when we entered.

My daughter had the lamb which was good, I had a chicken breast which was succulent but neither dish was outstanding.

We had 5 poppadoms and the bill was ?40 which I remembered most. The previous week we had eaten just as well for under ?20 at the rye hotel.

>>Babur in Brockley is amazing.... [www.babur.info]

Try it! It's worth the trip...>>

Agreed!

A note of warning though. Although Babur also provides a home delivery service which streteches to ED this is not to the same menu, or anything like the same standard, as that of the restaurant proper. (It is based at different premises). That said I think the standard of the home delivered food is still quite superior to the ED places.