Dulwich Baths - refurbishment timetable

EDmummy

Dodo1 Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> ? A much-requested cr?che facility with

> soft-play area has been reinstated in a larger

> location

Is this actually a public softplay or only for the creche?

September!!! Oh really thats not on!! I was looking forward to taking my girls swimming there.

I would propose that to compensate us for the much delayed opening ..that Dulwich Leisure Centre offers some sort of incentvie, ie like specially reduced entry for the first couple of months opening.

• 3 weeks later...

James Barber Wrote:

> I received letter from the new cabinet member on

> Friday and still states August.

Hi James

Is the Minister aware that Dulwich Leisure Centre is stating September?

James Barber Wrote:

> Hi ian164SE22 & Weegee,

> That is weird.

> I've contacted the head officer responsible

> highlighting this conflicting information and

> await a reponse.

Hi James

Thanks for doing that.

Let us know what the Head Officer says.

The mystery deepens!!! :)

I owe an apology.

The letter I received last Friday stated the reopening as delayed until September. I thought I'd read it but as it appeared identical repeat of letter sent earlier stating August I didn't notice small paragrah in the 4 page letter tucked away stating:

"The dulwich Phase 1 construction site suffered a break-in in early June 2010. Although very little was stolen, siginificant damage was done to the internal wiring of the new entrance building. The work to repair this damage commenced immediately, however we now expect phase 1 area to open in spetember 2010."

Cllr Barber presided over a significant delay in the baths refurbishment, a portion of the delay was only revealed to him via a receptionist's comments in this thread!!

But now he has no responsibility he is making political points over it, which I can't bee bothered with I just want to go swimming. He has obviously been reading his Effective Opposition Lib Dem handbook (http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/blog/2009/feb/03/lib-dems-elections).

Now, when exactly are these baths reopening??

Hi Candp,

How have I made a political point?

When the suggestion of September opening came up I said I thought it was still August said as far as I was aware still August but that I would check.

I checked with officers and found I was wrong and apologised and gave the reason for the one month delay.

If I was spinning I would have said I was shocked at the extra months delay and not given the reason ro apologise for getting it wrong. To slur me in these circumstances is at best unkind.

Let me find an example, right, you made a political point here: "Seems to have slipped by a month since the May elections. Releived (sic) that project so far progressed that this flagship Lib Dem project will be finished."

Then when it is observed you have made a political point you stand back and say "Moi? Political? I just want to serve the community", as is exquisitely demonstrated in the post above. Whilst I admire your presence on the EDF and you undertaking casework here, let's not pretend that you aren't out to get votes and to occasionally - shock horror - undermine your opponents.

I do like the implication in your "at best unkind" comment, you are subtle but good in your innuendos. Be assured that if I had been unkind you'd have known about it.

Now back to the pool, September it is. I'll be pleased when I finally get in there.

Hi candp,

But it did slip by a month from one side of the election to the next.

I don't know if this was officers suddenly being more direct. Change of political priorities.

But I was made a real point of asking on several occassions before the election becuase people were asking me. When I asked officers are the election it had changed.

The way I stated it was probably unhelpful but you can only guess at the frustration.

Anyway, thanks for the kind words about my casework via the forum.

James Barber Wrote:

> I owe an apology.

>

> The letter I received last Friday stated the

> reopening as delayed until September. I thought

> I'd read it but as it appeared identical repeat of

> letter sent earlier stating August I didn't notice

> small paragrah in the 4 page letter tucked away

> stating:

>

> "The dulwich Phase 1 construction site suffered a

> break-in in early June 2010. Although very little

> was stolen, siginificant damage was done to the

> internal wiring of the new entrance building. The

> work to repair this damage commenced immediately,

> however we now expect phase 1 area to open in

> spetember 2010."

Hi James

Thanks for letting us know and apology accepted!

And contrary to what Candp was saying...i dont think you were making a political point.

You were as always being prompt and helpful to all our questions on this issue.

• 3 weeks later...