Racist Black women on the bus that went Viral

Ridgley

I watched a disturbing footage on Facebook of a black women on the bus in North London verbally and racially abusing a Muslim women. What saddens me is the black lady clearly was ignorant but the comments that came from some of the Asian community in regards to this was very racial calling her the N word. I thought things was better in the Black & Asian community clearly not.

I spoke to one of my black Muslims friends he was saying there is a division between Black and Asian Muslims as well he said some Asians do not accept them as Muslims which baffled me I am curious to know how are Somalians , Egyptians, and other African Islamic countries are treated as they are also Black.

i know it goes against a certain narrative and I'm a white bloke so can be ignored or put right but I think the notion that the struggle against the man unites all ethnic minorities in some kind of solidarity is and has always been a bit false. The racial tensions in Birmingham during the riots between separate 'communities' being an example; the use of the word 'slave' by some english from an african ancestry as a degotary term to west indians another. This is all hearsay and maybe reflect my own prejudices but I've heard examples of this and been told it's true by some friends from various ethnic backgrounds.

BME people are only a cogent group in the sense that they're not the dominant or majority ethnic group here, but of course there are huge differences and different prejudices that exist within that large range of people; there's no logical reason to expect that just because a person has experienced prejudice they will themselves be prejudice-free.

There is racism found in EVERY ethnic group Ridgely. Why would that suprise you? And all racism is learned, which is why some cultures harbour more racism than others. An individual hurling racist abuse in public at anyone is no more than a disgraceful example of a human being, be they black, white, chinese, muslim, christian, or whatever. There is no significance in who is being racist and to whom, beyond working out ways to eradicate that racism, which may or may not have a cultural aspect.

You do however make the classic mistake of seeing Afirca as a continent of little difference. Africa is as big as Europe with as many countries in it as Europe. We may be predominently white but you have some grasp of how different say Russia is to the UK, or Italy, or Poland etc. Apply the same logic to the multitude of countries that make up that huge continent of Africa. There's your answer. The culture of Senegal is very different to that of Eritrea, or Somalia, or South Arica, or Morocco. Being black doesn't make Africans all the same.

Agree with Quids. When I was at secondary school in the 90s, the most common racism I heard (by far) was from black kids from WI background slagging off the black kids from African background.

I work in East London and there is a lot of tension between different Asian groups.

But then look further afield at an extreme example. ISIS will happily kill anyone that isn't their particular brand of muslim. In fact a different type of muslim is more likely to be on their shit list than a Christian who in theoiry could pay them taxes and be left alonne (in theory).

But yeah, in London there is a lot of anti islamic stuff going on, and there are also a lot of really thick and really nasty young muslims spouting hatred. My Jewish wife enjoys winding them up on certain Facebook groups.

Ridgley Wrote:

> ...I am curious to

> know how are Somalians , Egyptians, and other

> African Islamic countries are treated as they are

> also Black.

It's not that they're treated as 'Black'. It's that they're treated as different, and assigned an arbitrary, negative value-based judgement on the basis of being different from the observer's point of view. That's prejudice -- racial, religious, or otherwise.

Must be a coincidence that I looked on here tonight and saw this thread.

What the OP failed to say is that the woman she mentioned accused the Muslim women of being members of ISIS.

That is not acceptable, regardless of anything. It's despicable.

Somebody once told me on here that I should've joined ISIS. Random comment to them maybe, but so insulting to me that I stopped posting on the forum.

Yes, in school I've heard black Africans calling West Indians 'slave' and was also involved in a case of an African teacher being clearly racist towards West Indians. By far the worst thing that I came across was a Turkish boy relentlessly bullying a Turkish girl in class. I took him outside and he said he was allowed because she was his cousin!!!!

It is also interesting to note that the kids in the playground all group together- in their ethnic groups.....and the black kids frequently call each other n*****

It's utter chaos

uncleglen Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Yes, in school I've heard black Africans calling

> West Indians 'slave' and was also involved in a

> case of an African teacher being clearly racist

> towards West Indians. By far the worst thing that

> I came across was a Turkish boy relentlessly

> bullying a Turkish girl in class. I took him

> outside and he said he was allowed because she was

> his cousin!!!!

> It is also interesting to note that the kids in

> the playground all group together- in their ethnic

> groups.....and the black kids frequently call each

> other n*****

> It's utter chaos

rap stuff isn't it - listen to Jay z or Kanye ?

White people aren't allowed to say the N word for sure.

"Somebody once told me on here that I should've joined ISIS. Random comment to them maybe, but so insulting to me that I stopped posting on the forum."

Someone told you that wishing a load of people that held a different point of view to you would burn to death, was ISIS territory. And that remains true. Never intended to fall out, but why should you be able to say whatever you like (however extreme) without response? It should have been obvious that I wasn't actually suggesting you catch a place to Turkey and cross the border!

I looked at the footage youtube and not only is she an aggressive racist but she is also a serious potty mouth. Every other word is f'ing this f'ing that, and there are young kids on the bus, possibly hers as she's standing next to a pram. I didn't watch it all the way through... Did anyone try interject and stick up for the women being shouted at?

I was in the queue at the Iceland (RIP) and an African woman put her basket down in front of a West Indian man (she maintained that the woman in front had 'saved her place') and he was shouting at her that she is in England now and she has to queue up like everyone else, not shove in like she does in Nigeria ....And- my mother had a Jamaican friend who thought and said, that Trinidadians were dirty....Do we all need to feel 'superior' in some way?

What's most horrifying (along with threatening to kick the muslim women's baby out of her stomach) but after about 4 mins into the racist rant she turns to the buggy and says "what's that? What's going on?" (Or something along them lines) and explained to her child what's going on! Poor child must have been terrified unless she does it so much the child doesn't bat an eye lid!

phobic3000 Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I looked at the footage youtube and not only is

> she an aggressive racist but she is also a serious

> potty mouth. Every other word is f'ing this f'ing

> that, and there are young kids on the bus,

> possibly hers as she's standing next to a pram. I

> didn't watch it all the way through... Did anyone

> try interject and stick up for the women being

> shouted at?

Purportedly the bus driver told her twice to stop, but he didn't attempt to put her off the bus immediately. He should also be held to some accountability imho. Drivers do have the authority to intervene, to direct passengers to leave, and/or to stop service and request police intervention when passengers don't comply.

This lack of driver intervention is unfortunately not uncommon in London. I've been threatened with physical violence on buses in front of my young daughter. Driver knew and did nothing. One driver even just shrugged and said, "There's CCTV." That's basically saying, I don't give f%?@ until you get a clump. Nice one mate. Wonder how you'd feel if someone threatened your wife/daughter like that?

I've also been the only person to intervene on a packed bus once when one passenger was heaping racial abuse and swearing at another complete stranger. It was really scary/upsetting. I had my daughter in a pushchair with me on my way home from work. I simply said quite forcefully to stop swearing b/c there were children on the bus. It worked, and he stopped. I then spent the rest of the journey terrified that he'd try to get off at my stop. Luckily he got off earlier.

I feel like this news article tried to take a sensational angle on the story b/c it's a black woman insulting a Muslim, but racism and threats of violence are not uncommon on London buses. And, they happen to all races and types of people.