New opportunity to save the woods!! Deadline Friday 23rd

Michaelcb

If I was one of the ssw fellow travelers I might feel somewhat let down and betrayed that the campaign is substantially a comedic turn being stage managed by someone using a comedic persona - presumably as part of an opportunity to build material. I am prepared to believe that some at least of the 'Lewis' shtik was heartfelt (but introducing a novel 'Brian' into the mix at some stage doesn't bolster belief) - but how much more of it, including the wild inventions of facts, figures etc. was solely for comic impact and to build a humorous following? What annoys me is that so many of us have been constantly, and in good faith, correcting errors, which have also been, in good faith, promulgated by his followers. The 100 acres myth, for instance. And how many council and church officials have been put to extra work on the back of what may be, substantially, a hoax? MPs and councilors and Mayoral candidates have all danced to this tune - answering in good faith what were being presented as genuine concerns, but which may have been created for material. I am sure it will make a good book, or possibly another turn at Edinburgh, but at what cost?

Edited to account for the confusion (intended I would suppose by the creator) between comic personae 'Lewis' and 'Brian'

Okay Sue "funny" not the right word, but I certainly never took it seriously and felt it was obvious he was making outrageous and untrue claims about people's relationships.

His behaviour towards you on twitter isn't what I was talking about and is another matter.

By continuing to have this conversation we are also continuing to feed him by the way.

PS. I'd be interested to know whether Brian is actually Jewish, if he isn't then his comments are pretty horrible. If he is, then he's not the first jew to have made light of that sort of thing.

Abe_froeman Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> According to that Wordpress blog Brian is

> Catholic.

It's rather hard to disentangle what is true now, isn't it.

And as far as "continuing to feed him" is concerned, Otta, I'd suggest it is better that all this - whatever it is - is out in the open, wouldn't you? Given that a lot of people clearly feel deeply about the cemetery/trees issue and may like to know who has been running a campaign which they have signed up to.

Lesser of two evils, I would suggest. But if you think it's feeding him, maybe stop posting on the thread? :)

I agree, I just wanted to point out that he is probably still reading this and getting a hard on for the attention.

It's why I made the rather extreme comparison to Daesh, I wondered whether he'd pick up on it.

Now stop being cross at me.

If you look at that imaginative scrub organisations website, you'll notice that although Lewis is the mouth piece, all letters that have been sent by that organisation are signed by a Blanche Cameron.

i). So why does Lewis never sign any letters?

ii). What is the connection between Blanche Cameron and Lewis?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajVqhozq818

iii). Who posts on their website and is doing their planning?

iv). Who is the person actually doing the comedic turns?

v). How are Resonance FM implicated in this?

vi). Does Nunhead American radio actually exist?

vii). Why is everything posted with Lewis's name?

viii). Is this his way of gaining publicity for his personal promotion?

viiii). If you had signed a petition or donated money, would you now feel conned?

x) If you have donated money where has the money gone/been spent and accounted for?

xi). How has he maintained the american accent if he is from Birmingham?

xii). Has a fraud been committed?

taper Wrote:

> It's a double bluff isn't it? The Brian Simpson

> character is the fake.

Quite possibly, yes.

ETA: The youtube link on the cemetery thread shows someone purporting to be Blanche Cameron (but apparently a woman) wearing a tee shirt with a picture of Lewis Schaffer on it and singing (apparently in the street)a song entitled "I'm Lewis Schaffer's stalker".

And the caption beneath the video says that this (presumably the singing) is a violation of a court order.

Double bluff or not this is hurting my head. There was another mention of Lewis / Brian about the same time as Lewis was revealed as Brian (2013) which says the Brian character was the hoax. http://www.beyondthejoke.co.uk/content/opinion-worlds-slowest-ever-slow-burn-gag Go to the end of the article.

Until this thread, I don't think the world has given a s*** about the real identity, if in fact either are.

Sue -

Much as i'm trying to avoid this thread now and focus on the cemetery issues on the new thread, I have to ask, did you mean this to come across as incredibly offensive?

> The youtube link on the cemetery thread shows someone purporting to be Blanche Cameron (but apparently a woman)

Unless i've misunderstood, what exactly do you mean by this?

dbboy

I feel compelled to try and answer some of your questions, to the best of my knowledge.

> i). So why does Lewis never sign any letters?

No idea. Why is this important to you?

> ii). What is the connection between Blanche

> Cameron and Lewis?

As far as I'm aware they are both members of SSW. As far as I understand it Blanche Cameron was one of a number of people who started and continue to maintain the group.

> iii). Who posts on their website and is doing

> their planning?

I don't know, again why is this important?

> iv). Who is the person actually doing the comedic

> turns?

No idea. I would imagine a comedian. As one trying to focus on the cemetery issues, comedic turns are irrelevant to me unless you can explain how they are relevant to Southwarks cemetery strategy.

> v). How are Resonance FM implicated in this?

'Implicated' in what exactly? Can you give some more detail as to what you are alluding to? Do you mean 'involved'? If so, I don't know, never heard of them.

> vi). Does Nunhead American radio actually exist?

As far as I know yes it does. You're clearly familiar with the internet, you could have a look on it.

> vii). Why is everything posted with Lewis's name?

What do you mean by 'everything'? As far as I can see only the posts from Lewis were signed from Lewis.

> viii). Is this his way of gaining publicity for

> his personal promotion?

Maybe. Maybe not.

> viiii). If you had signed a petition or donated

> money, would you now feel conned?

No. Not one bit. Why would I feel conned?

> x) If you have donated money where has the money

> gone/been spent and accounted for?

Send this question to SSW, i'm sure they're best placed to answer this. I do know that funds were needed for publicity and getting legal advice. Funny how you appear more concerned with how a local protest group manages it's donations rather than Southwark councils accounting abilities with public funds and the fact they have advised me to raise an FOI request to find out more about costings for this project. Not very transparent.

> xi). How has he maintained the american accent if

> he is from Birmingham?

I simply cannot take this question seriously. Are you're suggesting people form Birmingham are crap at accents??

> xii). Has a fraud been committed?

You may need to add a bit more flesh to this particularly thin and potentially libellous bone. What fraud are you suggesting has been committed and by whom?

A discussion into Southwarks cemetery plans, how they have and are conducting themselves and general opinion both for and against can be found here;

http://www.eastdulwichforum.co.uk/forum/read.php?5,1637832

All welcome.

Otta Wrote:

> Another tweet from Lewis this morning (an hour

> ago) asking Sue (full name) who arranges folk gigs

> via Goose is out, why she's at war with SSW.

>

> That's just taking the piss.

Otta, please can you not mention any further such tweets on here.

I had seen it and intended to ignore it, as I intend to do in future.

Lewis Schaffer, or whoever he is, judging by these tweets and many of his posts on this forum, is clearly a sad aggressive bully. I am only glad that I'm not like that, as it must be an awful thing to be him.

In my experience bullies are very unhappy people. And it was interesting that one of his mates (or possibly him, of course) accused me further up the thread of bullying Lewis, as that is another common tactic of bullies.

Anybody who knows Nygel and myself will be well aware that we love woods, trees and nature, so frankly he is shooting himself in the foot by these tweets.

Edited to add "judging by these tweets and many of his posts on this forum." Maybe he is sweetness and light at all other times.

panda boy Wrote:

> Sue -

>

> Much as i'm trying to avoid this thread now and

> focus on the cemetery issues on the new thread, I

> have to ask, did you mean this to come across as

> incredibly offensive?

>

> > The youtube link on the cemetery thread shows

> someone purporting to be Blanche Cameron (but

> apparently a woman)

>

> Unless i've misunderstood, what exactly do you

> mean by this?

Because Lewis Schaffer appears to have at least one alter ego, it was possible that Blanche Cameron was one of them.

As I said, on the clip she was apparently a woman.

If your issue is with the word "apparently", I can only say that it is relatively easy for a man to quite credibly imitate a woman, and vice versa.

panda boy Wrote:

> Sue,

> I can categorically tell you the video you are

> referring to is most certainly of Blanche Cameron.

> She is a real (and very decent) person, and in no

> way an alter ego / pseudonym / familiar /

> disguised version of Lewis Schaffer.

As I thought I had made clear, it was BEFORE I saw the video clip that I thought Blanche Cameron might be an alter ego of Lewis Schaffer.

And, to imagine ALL this could have been avoided years ago had Southwark Council properly re-appropriated for the purpose acres of unused designated Southward owned burial ground that is the adjacent land to Camberwell New Cemetery that has been to all intents and purposes GIVEN gratis to the LB of Lewisham as a play field. How dare Southwark Council give away land belonging to the people of Southwark to another borough.