wanted - advice on restaurant in Peckham

Tanza

I am going to that pop up bar on the roof of the carpark near Peckham Rye station and want to know if anyone can recommend somewhere to eat near there at about 9.30/10pm. Any type of food fine. The bar itself is supposed to serve food, but I've read they stop serving really early and often it's pretty ropey.

Il Giardino is the Italian in Blenheim Grove. Bit of a 70s throwback, but jolly if you are not expecting top haute cuisine and darling owners.

No idea what Bar Story is like now, but when it opened it served very robust, hearty fare (homemade hummous was superb). Again not fine dining, but great atmosphere.

Ganapati is supposed to be the best Indian around for miles but I'm not a curry expert.

Montpellier pub had good reviews when it opened.

ratty Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I was under the impression that Franks Campari bar

> finished last weekend? Is this not the case?

Hope not! Time out thought it carried on till the end of the month. But they aren't answering the phone so it may be a fruitless outing. Thank you to everyone for the recommendations.

Ganapati is wonderful!

Very glad to hear Franks Campari bar isn't closing till 30th as I haven't been yet but I too thought it closed last week.

There's an African place on the corner on Bellenden Rd, has it closed down? I've never seen it open yet.