Chas and Dave Split

jaybee82

I saw them at Glasto 2 years ago and they packed out a tent at midday but the rumour doing the rounds was that it wasn't the original Dave but that the new Dave was also called Dave in real life and that the first Dave was deceased.

This harks back to pre mobile phone Glastos when it was like being cut off from the outside world for 3 days and rumours that someone famous had died were abundant - mainly Rolf Harris or Jimmy Saville.

Anyway I digress - so is it still the original Dave?

So I read this morning that they're splitting because Dave hasn't got over the death of his wife a few months ago, and he can't deal with the idea of touring. I think that's really sad.

(apologies for bringing a mawkish element into this)

Not sad enough, however, that "Well I've consulted the Ker-Ching" didn't make me laugh out loud....

So I read this morning that they're splitting because Dave hasn't got over the death of his wife a few months ago, and he can't deal with the idea of touring. I think that's really sad.

(apologies for bringing a mawkish element into this)

Not sad enough, however, that "Well I've consulted the Ker-Ching" didn't make me laugh out loud....

----------------------------

that did me!!