Kids water bottles that dont leak - any recommendations?

dibden

I recently bought two Nuby flip open straw water bottles for the kids from Sainsburys. We had a larger version of this bottle before and it was fine but these leak. I make the kids keep their cups on the table all the time but waterbottles get carried around and left all over the place. When these ones get knocked over I find a puddle of water next to them.

When I google spill proof kids bottles I can only find the camelbak and Contigo ones that are "spill proof" and also about ?18. Im happy to pay it if they last and I dont have puddles of water all over the house, however if anyone uses a more cost effective bottle that doesn't leak when its knocked over or the spout left open Id love to know which one.

Kids are 18m and 3.5yrs. 18m only cant open the bottles without help. Im looking recommendation for bottles in this age range.

thanks

simonethebeaver Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> These are great. No leaking as long as they're

> screwed down properly. You can get them in

> Sainsburys.

>

> https://www.ocado.com/webshop/product/Sistema-Twis

> t-Top-Sports-Bottle-46cl-Aqua/54602011?ULP_CAMPAIG

> N_ID=3&gclid=CjwKEAjwzdGxBRC3rPWZq83FzyUSJAB9IC5if

> 8pLmi6mYGlf7q5jPhiXyJMs50mqSFgSXz_IedSkmxoCN7Xw_wc

> B&gclsrc=aw.ds

The only problem I found with these is that after a short while, dirt and mildew started to form under the cap and there is no way you can take the caps apart so I ended up having to throw it away :-(

simonethebeaver Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> These are great. No leaking as long as they're

> screwed down properly. You can get them in

> Sainsburys.

>

> https://www.ocado.com/webshop/product/Sistema-Twis

> t-Top-Sports-Bottle-46cl-Aqua/54602011?ULP_CAMPAIG

> N_ID=3&gclid=CjwKEAjwzdGxBRC3rPWZq83FzyUSJAB9IC5if

> 8pLmi6mYGlf7q5jPhiXyJMs50mqSFgSXz_IedSkmxoCN7Xw_wc

> B&gclsrc=aw.ds

Yep we use these. Put them in our daughters' book bags and have had no leaking issues.

Thanks everyone

I think I'll give the tommy tippy sipper cup a go.

I need the thing to be leak proof when they dont close the straw / flip top thing and it falls on the floor rolls under the sofa and doesnt leak. There others one suggested I think are leak proof when closed but not if you leave them open.

Thanks again

yeah, that was my rationale behind buying the sipper cup. If he wakes for a drink of water, he's not going to be conscientious enough to think to replace it on the shelf afterwards.. it just ends up on its side in bed with him!

We also have an OXO Tot twist top water bottle which is absolutely leakproof when closed (so comes with us when we're out and about), but if it's left un-twisted and rolls over it goes everywhere :-(

I gave up on 'kids' water bottles as they always leaked - use these now, never leaked when twisted shut and haven't yet leaked when left open. Plus holds a good amount for long days out.

http://www.evanscycles.com/products/camelbak/podium-big-chill-bottle-750ml-ec059702?country=GB&currency=GBP&esvt=1212-GOUKE255478&esvq=&esvadt=999999-0-37932-1&esvcrea=61231496816&esvplace=&esvd=c&esvaid=50080&gclid=CO3IjvWD-cgCFcafGwod7zkJTg