Peroni

Jeremy

HonaloochieB wrote:

"... The draught is only any good in the big old Peroni glass, in any other it's just lager-lager-lager..."

What's the glass got to do with it? It's only an advertising device. If the drink was any good surely it would taste the same if you drank it out of a bucket?

silverfox Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> HonaloochieB wrote:

>

> "... The draught is only any good in the big old

> Peroni glass, in any other it's just

> lager-lager-lager..."

>

> What's the glass got to do with it? It's only an

> advertising device. If the drink was any good

> surely it would taste the same if you drank it out

> of a bucket?

A nice glass makes me feel better about the beer Silverfox. Hate those standard pint glasses.

Guinness looks great in a guinness pint glass for example - a triumph of design. It tastes the same out of any glass of course, but you feel better about the product if its nicely presented.

Thinking of The Heineken brewery in Amsterdam always makes me laugh. 5 of us went for a weekend a good few years back, and wandered around pretty stoned. We went to the brewery for the tour, and near the end, you go in to this room with a moving floor, and watch the bottling process, whilst the floor moves, putting you in the bottles position. We couldn't stop laughing, but the best was when we came out. I looked at my friend, and he turned to me looking VERY stoned, and said quite seriously "I'm a f**king bottle!".

You probably had to be there, but it still makes us laugh about 6 years later!

That is an interesting point, DC. I actually went to the real ale thing at Earl's court a couple of years ago, and tried maybe 7 real ales. They did indeed taste different, but had one thing in common - they were all fuking disgusting.

LOL!!! Quite right.

I occasionally like an ale, but for the most part, it's just nasty warm rubbish. Gets you p!ssed quite quickly though if you're not careful.

I like an Ale myself though a bottled Peroni with a pizza is very nice if only to wash the cheese grease from your teeth.

Bottled imported beer is best anyway, the other stuff is usually brewed under license in the UK which is why they all taste very similar no doubt.

Timothy Taylor landlord , Badgers Tanglefoot, Hop back brewery Summer lightning are all great starters for Lager to Ale virgins, yes they are served cooled though not frozen like some of the other crud on sale.

Beware though, they can catch you out strength wise.

W**F

silverfox Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> HonaloochieB wrote:

>

> "... The draught is only any good in the big old

> Peroni glass, in any other it's just

> lager-lager-lager..."

>

> What's the glass got to do with it? It's only an

> advertising device. If the drink was any good

> surely it would taste the same if you drank it out