The forum's going on holiday for a couple of weeks

Mark

I run a completely unrelated forum, but I could possibly open up a special section on there for EDF goers as a temporary stopping place, but I'm not sure my servers would cope! Probably best to stick with the other local forums for the next couple of weeks. Suggest a place is decided upon...

Mark/Admin - Completely with you on wanting to close down completely for a few weeks. My site is also not for profit and it can take its toll. For those talking about making it read-only, it's really not that simple! Since it would have not been properly tested before, it could open up all sorts of issues. Have a well deserved break!

Thanks for the kind words from everyone and I must reiterate that the others in the team i.e. Admin, The Chair and the moderators are having a well deserved break too.

And to answer your question Karter, the PM system will be down too I'm afraid.

Have a good holiday - I rave about this site to all and sundry - if you want to know what is happening in the area just go to EDF.

Well just think of the lack of news in the Southwark News and SL Press for the next couple of weeks!.

We will all have to store up the gossip/questions until the site reopens.

have a good holiday Mark.

Not specifically about this forum, but I started a thread a while back on what plans people have for data they rely on being "online"

http://www.eastdulwichforum.co.uk/forum/read.php?20,314363,page=1

It got sidetracked into a debate about backups but I meant it to be around things like this - if there is data you need online get it written down somewhere

two weeks without the forum! i often use it to get phone numbers or plumbers or see whata on. Its a disgrace!

Still you must need a holiday gghggbghv bggrggftygffggdftyfrddfffffffffyh hhjjujm m hjuhhh hyuun hyb bbhbbhn- 'p see even my son agrees!

Sounds awful dealing with all those complainers! Maybe a facebook branch of the forum would be good?

Keef Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> We're still here? I'd assumed midnight on the 14th

> meant last night. Cool, another day.

You're right. Can we trust Mark/Admin ever again?

Maybe this whole thing is a hoax, and it will still be here tomorrow.

A.M. and P.M.

What is Noon and Midnight?

A.M. and P.M. start immediately after Midnight and Noon (Midday) respectively.

This means that 00:00 A.M. or 00:00 P.M. (or 12:00 A.M. and 12:00 P.M.) have no meaning.

It does then go on to say that each day starts at Midnight. So we're both right and both wrong.

But I knew what Mark meant by midnight Wednesday.