Stephen Gately

bc44

choking on your own vomit is 'natural causes'.

But it is not pulmonary oedema, which is what the post mortem appears to have found. To speculate blindly is one thing (and I've already covered my opinion on what kind of thing), but just ignoring announcements of fact to continue doing so - what's going on with you lot?!

And ordinarily I would be enjoing the details of *Bob*'s past too, except they appear to be getting paraded as a CV of 1st hand experience as if that settles him firmly into the expert witness chair.

Cake and eat it titch.

You either give a shit or not but you seem to be want it both ways.

I'm pretty sure we were discussing it because we're bored.

There were some calls for a bit of respect for the deceased but I didn't spot any 'fake grief' leave alone any of the nauseating variety (mind you there was some of the mawkish variety on the jade goody rip thread but that's another frying pan to jump into).

We can discuss my deceased uncle if you like but even I hardly knew him so probably won't generate much interest.

bignumber5 Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> And ordinarily I would be enjoing the details of

> *Bob*'s past too, except they appear to be getting

> paraded as a CV of 1st hand experience as if that

> settles him firmly into the expert witness chair.

I admit I don't speak for everyone in this matter.

At this point it's probably just me and another million people (who've had the same experiences) thinking the same thing.

The Boyzone singer Stephen Gately died of natural causes, a post-mortem examination in Spain has established.

An official said he suffered pulmonary oedema, which is an accumulation of fluid on the lungs.

The 33-year-old star was found dead at his holiday home in Majorca on Saturday. The judge said his body can now be flown home.

Seems my forensic pathologist career has come to a sudden end.

As for beds ?1million does not buy much in Port Andraxt

I know nothing and really don't want to argue with Annaj, but according to the ubiquitous Wikipedia, non-cardiogenic pulmonary oedema can be attributed to 'Aspiration, e.g., gastric fluid or in case of drowning' so maybe the coroner is using it in that sense?

However, even that is still ghoulish speculation and I've quite nauseated myself.

Are there any links between pulmonary oedema and solvent abuse - such as GHB?

Indeed, if you were to google "pulmonary oedema GHB".. would it bring up any results?

Purely from a speculative layman's point of view, of course. I leave the real facts to doctors and the Coroner.

Well, *Bob*, you've certainly opened my eyes.

If I'd known I could acheive the same level of knowledge by Goggling I wouldn't have bothered with the six years of study, the ten years of experience, the long working hours or the spare time spent studying for yet more exams. Silly me.

Do me a favour and find where, in any of my posts, I have said drugs were not a possibility.

I haven't (except, of course, when I quoted the officer of the court who said that drugs were not the cause of death, but don't worry about that, she's probably not just as good at Googling as you are).

That was never my point.

My point was that were other possibilities and that I don't like automatic conclusions based on presumptions about lifestyle.

But why worry about details like what's actually being said or trashing someones feelings if there's an opportunity to be superior, smug and, oh, ever so witty. That's the *Bob* way isn't it?

Anna. You're being massively daft.

Me having an unprofessional and speculative opinion about the demise SG in no way denigrates your six years of study.

If you see read about an incident in the news, or see it on the telly - a murder, an accident, a disappearance, a whatever, I expect you sit there in stony silence, refusing to speculate idly with partner or friends until all the facts are in from all the relevant professionals and presented in triplicate. Do you?

Assuming SG, his family and friends aren't morbidly trawling every website everywhere for discussion about his death,

the only feelings I seem to be trashing here are yours, in which case, seriously - get over it.

The *Bob* way (whatever that is) is generally to say what I think. Otherwise, what's the point of being here?

Maybe I am being daft, but just as your view is informed by your own past experience mine is coloured by mine.

This brings back memories of a previous, in many ways different, but in some ways similar, situation for me and the damage done by such public speculation. Of course I have an opinion and of course I speculate, but I didn't see the need for it here.

annaj Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

... just as your view is

> informed by your own past experience mine is

> coloured by mine.

I think there's room for both.

I don't think I could have underlined my lack of expertise/professionalism/facts any more if I'd tried.

Note I have also offered ill-informed opinion on surveying, carpentry, interior design, DIY electrical work and rodent control - so please don't feel personally attacked on a professional level.

No, ok, in the cold light of day I can see that you probably weren't trying to undermine my career or professionalism.

But it was the end of a long day, in a long week, in a long month and your Google post was the straw that broke the camel's back.