East Dulwch info on Twitter

5imon

What a strange thread. I thought the OP was just trying to be helpful and I can't see that thebestnameshavegone was being aggressive, helpful if anything. Seems to be a lot of fluff about nothing to which I am now admittedly adding very little.

thebestnameshavegone (TBNHG) - no worries, I was probably getting too defensive as well, and I enjoy reading your posts

I'm not twitter-averse - I know exactly what you are talking about and effectively agree with most of it. I was trying, not to control what goes on, nor to avoid mention of the EDF but merely to point out that to use that particular hashtag in a different domain would, to my mind, warrant at least a heads up to Admin first. I don't think he megalomaniacal either btw

Fair enough TBNHG. Reading your posts again now, I have to admit they don't sound as angry as they did to me on first reading.

Like Sean, I'm not trying to control anyone or anything, all I was suggesting was that it might be good manners to run it by Admin first, but I'm more than happy to conceed that this is your area of expertise, not mine.

I'm on there but sadly it's under my real name, and it would be like printing my name and address up here I guess.

There's a 'dulwichmum' who appears have a Telegraph column - I feel like it's an injoke I'm not party to though - anyone know anything about her? I wouldn't say it was bleeding-edge humour, but it's obviously someone who lives round here judging by the references she makes.

Twitter is a bit insane - last week I had Graham Linehan (the IT crowd bloke) DMing me 'SERIOUSLY WE NEED TO DO SOMETHING' regarding a blog post he'd half-understood regarding a relatively obscure miscarriage of justice - which, granted, seemed unjust - but the actual facts were still coming through and it was too soon to make any real judgement.

It inspires a strange vigilantism whereby masses of people feel they are 'doing something' yet really are just angrily agreeing with the people they follow - and 99% of people on Twitter follow people with similar beliefs.

Back on topic - an #ED hashtag would actually be sufficient (you're not going to cross streams with anything else I wouldn't have thought) - and it frees up 137 characters to actually Tweet something.

thebestnameshavegone Wrote:

>

> There's a 'dulwichmum' who appears have a

> Telegraph column - I feel like it's an injoke I'm

> not party to though - anyone know anything about

> her?

xxxxxxxx

Eh?! Haven't been on the forum long have you?

TheGooseIsOut has just started twittering, can't understand half of it, my daughter told my to rtfm, I had to google that as well :))

Edited to say: I probably mean tweeting, not twittering, which exemplifies my problem :))

Sue Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> thebestnameshavegone Wrote:

> .

> >

> > There's a 'dulwichmum' who appears have a

> > Telegraph column - I feel like it's an injoke

> I'm

> > not party to though - anyone know anything

> about

> > her?

>

> xxxxxxxx

>

> Eh?! Haven't been on the forum long have you?

I eventually found myself on her blog, being kind I'd say it's not my thing.

I think Neil Boorman did the 'isn't my area a cliche' thing a million times funnier 10 years ago - then again I'm not a Dulwich Mum.