FYI Cherry Tree not child friendly (after 7.30pm)

eliz01

A pub is till a pub..by any other name...7.30pm seems more than reasonable as the ''cut-off' time...varied people frequent a pub for varying reasons..maybe to let off steam..maybe just to get out of the house...maybe it just took 2 hours to get from London Bridge !!!!,.. whatever the reason, builders,bakers,teachers or law-makers should all be able to have a glass of wine or libation of choice knowing that they will not be disturbed by over-exuberant kids... or screaming babies.. surely that is what Cafe Nero is for !!:)...does that close at 7.30???

And who would their child around a load of drunken builders/teachers/lawyers anyway????;)

landsberger Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I'm sanguine about this, having lived on the

> continent for a while but at the end of the day,

> it's about how people behave. I saw a woman in a

> bar recently ask the barman to turn the music down

> as "my child wants to sleep, isn't it obvious?",

> which left me open mouthed.

People don't generally drink so heavily on the continent in the way we do here so bars are relatively safe for children. Big generalisation I know.

Slightly off topic- but we had plumbers round a couple of weeks ago installing a boiler. They over-ran and were still busy at 6-8pm when kids aged 1 and 3 were returning from childminders/nursery. Flat was pretty uninhabitable. Went to the pub but only as we couldn't think of anywhere else to go at that time? Felt we had to explain ourselves to everyone in there as well.

Where do people take young children this time of day/early eve if they need to get out for whatever reason?

Jessicas429 Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Slightly off topic- but we had plumbers round a

> couple of weeks ago installing a boiler. They

> over-ran and were still busy at 6-8pm when kids

> aged 1 and 3 were returning from

> childminders/nursery. Flat was pretty

> uninhabitable. Went to the pub but only as we

> couldn't think of anywhere else to go at that

> time? Felt we had to explain ourselves to everyone

> in there as well.

> Where do people take young children this time of

> day/early eve if they need to get out for whatever

> reason?

The answer is: Pizza Express in Dulwich Village. Or Rocca.