Catch up with Eastenders

DulwichFox

Just in case the Xmas period has made you fall behind with what's happening in the square..

Eastenders

Alfie has a Brain Tumour

Charlie Slater has just had a heart attack and died.

Stacey Slater is bi-polar and has not been taken her pills and has gone a bit weired' ?

Phill Mitchell is an alcoholic and has Cirrhosis of the liver.

Shabnam is infertile and her huasband has just fathered Stacey's baby

Bobby Beale murdered his older sister. and is off to boarding school.

See. East Dulwich really is dull in comparison..

Foxy

I gave up watching Eastenders some years back (you should try it fox - you sleep better at night and have more energy in the day).

However, when I've occasionally caught a bit by accident, it seems to be a scene I've seen before, with the same characters and dialogue. Or in fact, featuring characters who I thought had left - or in some cases - I thought were dead.

Has anyone checked that the BBC haven't just stopped making new episodes - and are instead simply showing all of it in reverse order?

I too haven't watched it with any regularity for a long long time, and hadn't seen an episode for a good couple of years. However, I watched it on Christmas night and was quite shocked that I knew so many characters.

Phil, Sharon, Ian, Kathy (didn't she die?!?!?), Kat and Stacy Slater... There were new people aswell, but as *bob* says they just seemed to fill gaps left by former characters. There has always been the token asian family for example. A real reflection of the east end would feature a hell of a lot more asian families! And some eastern europeans.

I watch it a couple of times a year nowadays. I caught the New Years Day episode where Danny Dyer killed Dean then brought him back to life while Shirley from Sainsburys and Jacko from Brush Strokes looked on.

There was this great sketch, probably on Spitting Imagem of Eastenders competing with Corrie over ridiculous plots. It was finally trumped by Brookie saying 'we've done all of that' with a plot that involved nuclear war (or some other nonsense).

For years Brookie was the only decent soap but even that got silly before it was axed.

Archers for me nowadays.

DulwichFox Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> When you see the remarkable performances of Lacey

> Turner (Stacey Slater) you realise the talent that

> is there..

She plays Stacey Slater very well. I caught her in a bit of her in that army thing, were she also played Slacey Slater.

Has she been Stacey Slater in any other dramas which I've missed out on?

*Bob* Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> DulwichFox Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > When you see the remarkable performances of

> Lacey

> > Turner (Stacey Slater) you realise the talent

> that

> > is there..

>

> She plays Stacey Slater very well. I caught her in

> a bit of her in that army thing , were she also

> played Slacey Slater.

>

> Has she been Stacey Slater in any other dramas

> which I've missed out on?

Perhaps I'm missing some sort of sarcasm here. *bob*

But in 'that army thing' Our Girl ,Lacey Turner played Molly Dawes...

Foxy

Didn't Stacey Turner - the gutsy yet troubled working class gal trying to get out of a rut of life - run away from the square to join the army, where she reinvented herself as Lacey Slater, a gutsy but troubled working class gal trying to get out of a rut in life?

Am I thinking of the same thing? Nick Cotton plays the sergeant major.. that one?