Ties...How do you...?

woofmarkthedog

The world in all its bountiful and varied magnificence triggers something deep in the breast of the young man. The sap rises. The decision is made and he knows then: it will be beautiful and it will be for all time. He will be at first tender, and then loving and then, when the time is right, he will launch himself upon the world and his path will be gilded, his step sure upon the earth, for all shall know him as an expert... in ties.

Bankers are expert in silk ties - as anyone who'd tried to borrow $100 million wearing a machine-washed and ironed silk tie would soon discover. They are trained to sum up a person from coiffured crown to leather soles in just thirty seconds.

Therefore being an expert in ties is important. As how else could one analyse the investment potential of a given proposition?

Swiftly he rose through the ranks of Drummcoutts, and surely, as none were so able to detect the extra yield to be gained from highly leveraged mezzanine structures as the young expert in ties. And by 40 our expert in ties had a dessert named after him in the top floor dining room. And the fourth plinth, non-equity partners would jest, was surely his for the taking.

> HAL9000 Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> Mind you, you did use the catch-all..."virtually"....damn!

Hahaha. Yes I did, didn't I!

Hmmm...I just knew you would fall back on that one...damn...next time...there has to be

> [cringe-inducing washing details snipped].

Yes...very funny!

>but it wouldn't fool an expert - sorry.

Erm...I suspect you are going to come up with a reasoned explanation for this *sighs, but goes for it*...but an expert in what? Washed and ironed silk ties? Bet there aren't many of those about - apart from maybe me!

*thinks: one day that wiring will spark and bingo...I'll get him...just one little spark...that's all I need...rolls about laughing despite herself*