Le Moulin

Jeremy

When I last went in Eric and Margaret seemed most upset about some of the publicity they had received.. Apparantly a few people had gone in and made some negative comments and perhaps they took this on board, but as I had pointed out before, time stands still at Le Moulin and long may it continue I say.. It's all part of the charm... Let's not allow 21st century values to bring down what remains to be a good quality fairly priced indepedent local restaurant :)

i went to le moulin 2 years ago on my birthday. i had specifically gone in early and booked a nice table by the window - which was cosy and private (dinner for 2!) and told the owner it was a special occasion. When myself and my boyfriend turned up for our booking - someone else was sitting in the table. so we had to cram in between other tables without so much as an apology. food was good, but expensive, which i resent when sitting about 2 inches from other tables and having to listen to other peoples conversations - why do they cram you in like that? i wouldn;t have booked if i;d known we had to practically sit on our neighbours lap. We haven;t been back. i still remember that birthday with disappointment. Not recommended.

I think you have just made that up to be honest susyp. I know Eric and Margaret well, and if you book a certain table there is no way they would stick someone else at that table. Sorry but I am afraid I cannot believe that is true. ;-)

absolutely 100% true. they did give me a free glass of champagne. but only after i asked them to as i felt i should get some sort of apology. was not a nice experience.

and i'm not bothered about how it looks on the outside, i'm bothered about the level of service i received on what was supposed to be a special evening out. it makes me cross every time i walk past.

That would be rude, all I am suggesting is she may well be jumping on the anti-le moulin bandwagon just to please a certain bunch of people who hate the place just for the sake of it Jah Lush. I notice she edited her post 2 times anyhow, hardly backing up her story is it? :)

DPF, most of their customers they know on a first name basis, and they have always told me they are more than happy to welcome new people in, which is why I get so frsutrated by the propaganda some people push about on here about how awful the place is! :)

Just correcting spelling mistakes - what you think i wrote I'M LYING on it and then thought better of it?! i'm not really bothered who believes me. i am just glad i have done my public duty by reporting my experience of that place as part of this democratic forum.

Louisa Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> DPF, most of their customers they know on a first

> name basis, and they have always told me they are

> more than happy to welcome new people in, which is

> why I get so frsutrated by the propaganda some

> people push about on here about how awful the

> place is! :)

So its not out of the question that they might bump someone from the comfy seats if one of their regulars came in? It happens at other places too you know.

i am in fact a newcomer to this site so have no idea what has been said before (hence the 2 year delay in posting about my bad experience!). i think it's all become clear though - i wasn't a regular customer so it didn;t matter where they stuck me. charming.

DPF if someone has booked a table, I can tell you now from first hand experience, they will ALWAYS make sure that they keep their promise of a certain table, I rarely use my name when calling up to book a table, and always manage to get the spot I want. I know them too well, and I know that they just wouldnt do that to someone, honestly.

And Jah Lush, the fact you have not seen her posts on here before, may well be something of a giveaway as to her intentions. :)

Well it seems strange that you have not posted on here before, and you go straight into a thread created 6 days ago about Le Moulin! Perhaps an introduction first? I seem to have been at the receiving end of quite a few anti-louisa comments these past few days (you know who you are), and then all of a sudden a new poster turns up on the forum putting down the one thing I love most. Seems strange that is all. :(