Ask Admin

Mogs

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator

It is not just you, we are currently having server issues (the forum is using up too much server power or "load") so we are investigating what elements can be turned off to reduce the load otherwise we may have to upgrade the server which costs. We will try and keep disruption to a minimum.

You can still see which messages are new when you go to the listing page e.g. http://www.eastdulwichforum.co.uk/forum/list.php?5 but having to count exactly how many messages are new and then show everyone their individual number of new messages is quite an effort. And remember most people do not read all messages so their new message count is in its 000's which has to be done every time they go to the home page.

Now don't take this the wrong way, but perhaps all the lounging is not healthy, as it tends to mess up the counts, and you end up with 500 threads and tens of thousands of unread posts in the main section!

*steps backwards slowly*

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

hi microbite

do you mean photos from an existing website or local

If it's an existing website, rather than just post the link into the post, click on the icon above (the row of icons that has the smileys? - pick the one next to the Italicise which looks like a mountain and sun)

then post the link in the dialog box

then post a description

Voila

Sean's getting muddled up there, it won't prompt you to add a description when adding a photo, you just put the web address in the prompt box that comes up when you press the mountain/sun button, click OK, and it shall add the code to your post.

Then just carry on typing under it.

If you want to link to another site, you click the globe/paperclip button, paste the web address in to the prompt box, click ok, then another prompt box will appear asking you to add a description, for example "Click Here". When you post, you'll get a blue "Click Here" linking to the site.

I think I've just confused myself :-S

If it's your own photo then upload the file as an attachment, then look at your post, click on the attachment copy the url and repeat as above.

As you can see I've an attachment below which and my picture below points to the picture using the insert image url icon (the little landscape thingy)

file.php?12,file=2394

Just a screenshot I took that proved that bon3yard's naked piccies are naughty.

But surely you have to go back and edit the post in order to do it? Are you using your magic powers Piers? ;-)

Please note, that was the only file I had that was small enough, having just cleared most of the hard drive on to an external drive. Sorry for the plug!