• 2 weeks later...

katanita Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> @singalto I would ignore this, clearly has some

> odd bee in the bonnet about this case, despite

> responses above, and I doubt asking for further

> clarification will result in anything other than

> more insensitive posts.

Fair point and having just seen his inflammatory post about poisoned dogs in Nunhead (and others on this thread), it's best not to feed the troll, so to speak.

That's one of several.

Do you have an answer to this reasonable question from Katanita (if you have, you didn't post it)-

Posted by katanita August 31, 08:52PM

Sigh, is this seriously a suggestion that SNARL might be fabricating these incidents? Would the police (who I have personally spoken to regarding this case) be devoting this level of resource to it if that were the case? Is this woman making it up? [www.bbc.co.uk]

If you mean regarding the description, it came from Surrey Police, as stated in this article [metro.co.uk]. So, in answer to your question, yes, many.

Apologies I've misunderstood the implication of your post, but not sure why it was necessary.

edhistory Wrote:

> Has anyone yet identified a single report that can

> not be traced back to SNARL as the sole source?

ED History - This is the reasonable question you never responded to...

Posted by katanita August 31, 08:52PM

Sigh, is this seriously a suggestion that SNARL might be fabricating these incidents? Would the police (who I have personally spoken to regarding this case) be devoting this level of resource to it if that were the case? Is this woman making it up?...

Is this what you were suggesting, because that's how your post reads and how others interpreted it?

• 3 weeks later...

Re-posted here as we're concerned our cat has disappeared at the time of these new killings..

Our cat Fred - a stalwart of Dovercourt and Townley Roads - has been missing since 2nd December. He hasn't paid his usual visits to our neighbours since then (he also appears on Woodwarde and Beauval Roads at times).

Fred is a handsome chap - a brownish-greyish, stocky shorthair with yellow eyes. He's been missing once before, many years ago: then, he was found locked in a house that was under renovation. Could we please ask you to check any garages, sheds or lock-ups for him

He has a heart condition and need regular trips to the Vet. We're worried about him, as to stay away for this long is completely out-of-character. Please call Jayne on 07799 064107 if you find him. Reward offered.

Many thanks.

Hope you will soon find your cat safe and well, Richard. I would like to point out though that sadly these are not ?new killings? but have been happening in a wide area, including Dulwich, for a long time. Cat owners are advised to keep animals locked indoors after dark.

• 5 weeks later...

tracymcdavis Wrote:

But not yet clear if all

> killings around the UK are same person of course -

> heaven forbid there is more than one of these

> monsters out there.

Unfortunately all the publicity is likely to have resulted in copy-cat (sorry can't think of a more appropriate word) killings by people who were that way inclined in the first place :(

I can't believe just one person would travel around the country killing cats. Unless they were already travelling, for example for work purposes.