Cat owners, be alert.

singalto

Presumably the perpetrator is using poisoned/ drugged bait - hence 'picking up' both fox cubs and cats, both of whom may be tempted. If baited traps were being used I would expect these to be far more likely to be discovered. It is possible that bait is being left out without poison initially to acclimatize the prey - so it may be worth looking out for any apparently benign attempts to 'feed' wild animals in the street.

an opinion - these hapless animals are not being killed/mutilated by the same person, moving from Shepperton to Peckham, this is a network of people in their own locality.

This is a terrorist at work.

Why else would anyone kill a cat in Silvester Road then carry it home to Rodwell Road, and not leave it where it was slain.

And fox cubs.

It is likely that there is a DarkWeb site for catslayers, most likely with photographs.

Unfortunately, I think the publicity about the original killings has probably led to copycat killings by people with warped minds in other areas.

Unless there is evidence to suggest it is the same person, in which case it seems odd to me that he (I assume it is a he but of course it could be a woman) hasn't been caught yet.

singalto Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Snarl and the police say it is the work of one

> person. Copycat killings can be ruled out as much

> of the info regarding the killings have not been

> released.

I believe you have just proved my theory.

This appears to be the work of one person as the MO is identical, shared online.

Details may not have been released in the traditional manner, but in this day and age this is irrelevant.

As you will realise when a cats in both say, Perivale and Nunhead are killed and mutilated on the same night. As may well have happened.

Whilst you are stuck with a 'one killer with a fast bike' intransigence then you are impeding a wider investigation.

• 2 weeks later...

This today from SNARL's Facebook page (reposted with their permission)...

We have received a call about a dog in East Dulwich which savaged a fox on the corner of Maxted and Nutbrook roads just before midnight. The dog, which was a lurcher type with a boxer face was running free and we are very concerned about his or her safety.

Sadly the fox died of her injuries and the person who called us could not get hold of the dog. Posting in case anyone else sees the poor dog who is very vulnerable to being a road traffic accident :(. The dog is NOT aggressive but playful.

If you are local please keep your eyes open for the poor dog and get him safe if you can.

Yes, I made the call, posted it in Lost and Found here too. Spent ages at around midnight last night doing circuits of the area trying to find the dog afterwards, but no luck. It was quite a big dog so I'm surprised if no-one else encountered it, it clearly shouldn't have been out on his own, I hope it was found safely. Didn't really know what to do about the fox once it had passed, had to just leave it there, poor thing. Maybe should call it in to council environment team to get the body removed?

> The dog is NOT aggressive but playful.

> If you are local please keep your eyes open for

> the poor dog and get him safe if you can.

i would second the plea, but disagree about your assessment of this dog. if it is attacking and killing foxes, it is also likely to be a danger to other smaller creatures such as cats and small children. it needs to be found and controlled.

Not sure who that's directed at @civilservant, the post from LadyNorwood is reposting SNARL from facebook, which was based on my call to them. I said to Bouddicca that I didn't think the dog was acting very aggressively in a way that made it a threat to me, it was more like it was toying with the fox. It didn't snarl at me or try and hurt me as I got the fox away from it, only the fox. So, I think she included that to make the point that it probably wasn't a threat to people, ie, don't worry unduly about approaching it. Obviously it needs to come off the streets for both its own safety and for other small animals to which it clearly does pose a danger.

Anyway, this is actually off topic for this thread, which is cat deaths unrelated to this issue, and this dog must have been found by now so unless anyone has new info, suggest we leave it? And this was all very late last night and a bit stressful so let's not nitpick eh?

A dog which is "not aggressive but playful" but killed a fox?

Hmmm. Hope it never comes to play with me.

And re the cat killer/s, if information re the mode of killing has been posted online, then clearly there could be copycat killers.

I can't really understand how this has gone on so long and nobody caught.

• 4 weeks later...

Sue Wrote:

>

> And re the cat killer/s, if information re the

> mode of killing has been posted online, then

> clearly there could be copycat killers.

>

>

Obviously, not ALL the information has been released. Police often hold back one or two bits of detail, just so they can detect copycats. Do you not watch any cop shows on TV?

sheilarose Wrote:

> Sue Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

>

> >

> > And re the cat killer/s, if information re the

> > mode of killing has been posted online, then

> > clearly there could be copycat killers.

> >

> >

> Obviously, not ALL the information has been

> released. Police often hold back one or two bits

> of detail, just so they can detect copycats. Do

> you not watch any cop shows on TV?

No I don't watch any cop shows on TV.

And the fact remains that publicising any info at all puts the idea into the heads of potential copycat killers.

Whether they are copying the exact M.O. is irrelevant. The end result is the same, ie dead and injured cats.

And the police just have a harder task because there are more incidents, regardless of whether they can identify the work of different killers or not.

sheilarose Wrote:

> What are you suggesting? That nothing should be

> published for fear of someone "getting ideas".

> Bizarre. Let's get rid of the news then, shall we?

> And this forum. Especially this forum.

My original point was, if memory serves, that there could be more than one killer.

And I'm not sure quite how you jump from one particular issue of potential killers getting ideas from publicity about methods of killing to "getting rid of the news" :))

• 2 weeks later...

How horrible to learn of these events when our family pet cat "Limi" has been missing for nearly a week.

If you see a white/grey Siamese male neuted cat with a magnetic cat flap/bell and brown collar around please could you PM me ASAP. I am so worried for him. We are so sad that he's missing!

Edit to attach image of Limi, here he is with my daughter curled up together.

Here is link to the lost message i just wrote on the forum:

http://www.eastdulwichforum.co.uk/forum/read.php?31,1709760

Thank you,