Cat owners, be alert.

singalto

Jamma, Snarl will tell you that the attacks are not by foxes because of the types of injuries. They have not released all the details of the the injuries to help distinguish between the 'Croydon cat killer' and other potential perpetrators.

Jamma Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I could be wrong but I understand this has been

> investigated by RSPCA and they believe foxes

> responsible for most 'attacks'. Would certainly

> explain the huge number of reported incidents. I

> understand some media outlets have had this

> pointed to them but can't resist 'Croydon Cat

> Killer' headlines.

It doesn't explain why foxes themselves have been mutilated & foxes from what I have read don't generally attack cats let alone chop up their bodies & leave them on your doorstep(so to speak)x

The RSPCA did initially believe the deaths could be attributed to foxes, but on the weight of incoming evidence they've had to reconsider.

A breakthrough has been made in the hunt for the Croydon cat killer after tests confirmed mutilated pets had died at the hands of humans, the RSPCA has claimed

http://m.yourlocalguardian.co.uk/news/14310413._Breakthrough__in_Croydon_cat_killer_hunt_as_RSPCA_says_forensic_tests_confirm_how_pets_were_slayed/

Wouldn't exactly call that a breakthrough, personally :-/ But it's definitely a person, not foxes. :(

ellyblue Wrote:

> There is a tabby cat missing where I live (SE15)

> which is close to Chadwick Road wonder if its the

> same one.

>

> my own cat is also missing has been for 3 weeks

> now. Also another cat which looks very similiar to

> mine has also gone missing around the same time

> :-(

Hope you find your cat :(

I believe a cat was killed in Ruislip the other day. There was also one in Chislehurst which might or might not fit the pattern of other killings. You can find out more from SNARL who are logging these incidents. They are on Facebook.

singalto Wrote:

> A cat has been found mutilated in Forest Hill.

> P.O.U.Sthe wonderCat, is that close enough to get

> a mention on here?

I was just about to say the same thing myself, there is also a possibility of another one in Peckham, but it's not been confirmed yet.

As reported these incidents seem to be increasingly wide-spread, and yet some of the reported modus operandi of the perpetrator suggests some significant local knowledge (with animals being left close to or at the homes of their owners etc.) I wonder whether the same person can credibly be undertaking all the offences, or whether there are either people copying him/ her or whether other incidents are being 'added' to the total of the real and original offender. If there is more than one offender, then any alibi which excluded a possible offender from a particular offence might not then exclude them from all the offences. Mapping software which geo-links offences to look for an epicentre would again not be of so much use, if the 'wrong' offences are being bundled.

As an owner of 3 cats, I worry.

The point of this thread is not to scare people, but to raise awareness, a lot of people haven't heard about the regularity of these killings, people need to tell people in order to spread the word.

SNARL are monitoring and investigating a lot of reports on a daily basis, there is obviously a trait that is happening and or something specific with the finding of the bodies that they are not reporting for obvious reasons.

We need to work as a community to a make people aware and keep cats in at night (when most cats have gone missing) and we also need to raise awareness that we could help find this person by being vigilant and look at people acting suspiciously around animals.

This is a really serious issue and is being dealt with by SNARL, RSPCA and the police, I don't really want to say that this person/ group of people may get to the stage when animal killings are not enough.

Should you find an animal or animal parts please contact RSPCA as a matter of urgency, they will advise what to do.