Cat owners, be alert.

singalto

This is absolutely awful.

We are happy to help deliver leaflets if the extra hands are needed. We leaflet from time to time and more than happy to deliver some!

Also, if you are able to send us PDF of the leaflet we can print some out and leave them with our customers this week, as a fair few have cats.

I have nearly always kept mine in at night before but now I am imposing a strict curfew at 4. I really cannot take thr risk. Fortunately he does not like the cold weather so is not that bothered any way. I worry about him out during the day but he would go mad if locked in all the time and I dont think I can do that do him. Its such a worry and I like all the other people on here just want to to their best to look after our beloved pets.

have nearly always kept mine in at night before but now I am imposing a strict curfew at 4. I really cannot take thr risk. Fortunately he does not like the cold weather so is not that bothered any way. I worry about him out during the day but he would go mad if locked in all the time and I dont think I can do that do him. Its such a worry and I like all the other people on here just want to to their best to look after our beloved pets.

Joo16 Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Reading mrsilencio's description of a chap with

> dearstalker type hat has reminded me of someone

> who approached my cat whilst he was sat on our

> doorstep.

A deerstalker hat is fairly unusual.

Somebody must recognise this person from mrsilencio's description, let's hope :(

I have been following this thread and find it so disturbing and upsetting. I am also now keeping my two cats in at night time. If you need any help delivering leaflets in Forest Hill or Honor Oak Park then I would be very happy to help. I hope they catch this evil person soon.

I still can't find the Lewisham map. It might not exist and might be a confusion with the Croydon Advertiser map.

The South Norwood ARL data that underpin that map are interesting.

John K

=====================================

?Missy - Found in Chapel Walk in Coulsdon on December 3 with no head or tail

?Oscar - Found in Thornlaw Road in West Norwood on November 21 with no head or tail

?Ukiyo - Found in Dalmally Road in Addiscombe on September 23 with his belly slit

?Amber - Found in Threehalfpenny Wood in Shirley in October with no head and tail

?Unidentified cat tail - Found in Robson Road in West Norwood in December with similar cut wounds

?Three unnamed cats - Found in New Addington from October and September this year and October last year. Police are

investigating as criminal damage.

?Unnamed cat - Tail found near home in Exeter Road in Addiscombe in July 2014.

?Boo - Found around two years ago with belly slit open on Dartnell Road.

?Unnamed cat - Leg and tail with 'clean cuts' found in Norbury Avenue in Thornton Heath on October 20.

?Unnamed cat - Tabby cat found decapitated in Coxwell Road on January 18.

?Unnamed cat - black and white cat found decapitated in St Aubyns Road on January 18.

?Louie - returned ?returned home to Chaucer Gardens, Sutton, with leg severed and scratches to body on January 19.

He was put down days later suffering with infection.

?Leo - found without a tail near his home in Benhill Wood Road, Sutton, on January 21.

?Two foxes - one decapitated on Stoney Lane on January 18 and a fox with its belly slit on Tennison Road bridge on

January 21.

Other cat deaths and injuries were also reported to the group but without locations.

It would be very helpful if you are able to finish of the description with his skin colour/appearance? If you are squeamish about the words, they are classified as IC1, IC2, IC3 etc. You gave a good description, but of course clothes. hats etc. (in particular) will/can change.

Good work on checking this person out and for posting on here. Thanks

robbin Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> It would be very helpful if you are able to finish

> of the description ?

Could we perhaps leave the decision to tell the guy how much we know about him down to the police? It might be helpful for the public to know those things, it might on the other hand be helpful to the guy to know what people have seen, what clothes he should think about burning, etc. He's been hard enough to catch as it is, without being aided by well-meaning but inexpert citizens. Plus, the more attention gratification that EDF gives him, the more motivation to target this neighbourhood. (In my own inexpert opinion.)

What? He's going to change from white to black, or black to white?!

A decent description having already been given, I think it is obvious that a crucial piece of ID description should be included and there's no real risk of 'tipping off' a master criminal leading to him trying to change his skin colour/shade.

very serious any incident i guess of feeding photos beyond the walking by hello kitty best phone police if appears supsious,they can then follow up.

cat owners ourselves foxes in neighbourhood to.

keep our in after dark anyway .

doesnt say if happening after dark or not.

they got catch this person or persons?

Thanks for leaflet and information

101 will not get a quick response.

The leaflet says: "If you see anyone behaving suspiciously with a cat, please call 999 (this advice comes directly from the police) immediately and report it. Likewise if you see anyone with a knife or bladed weapon, dial 999."

Clearly the police would like to catch the person in the act/equipped to do the act/with a phone with possibly incriminating pictures on, so a 999 call is (with proper grounds for suspicion it is the offender, obviously) definitely the better and more appropriate way to go.

Sorry, but I'm not sure how giving the colour of his skin is going to help in any way. It could have been a completely innocent incident, so if I tell you it was a short white guy then what, you're going to hunt down white guys feeding cats with malicious intent and ignore everyone else? We aren't vigilantes here, and it is extremely unproductive sharing what could be misleading information.

101 took a full description and have passed it on to the team dealing with it. They are the experts here and will use it to help build a profile or eliminate it as they see fit. If they deem it useful information, they know where they can look for CCTV footagr too. I have also spoken to someone at SNARL.

I appreciate this is an extremely emotive topic, but let's be rational here. Vigilance is more helpful than hysteria.