Cat owners, be alert.

singalto

Your description said - "...he was late teens, early twenties, 5'8" - 5'9", skinny, possibly wearing glasses. He was wearing a dark coloured deerstalker type hat, and a baggy tracksuit top with light panels at the sides on the back. He was also carrying a large, empty Sainsbury's bag for life."

So, if you added, "white" to that description, suddenly (you say) that could be "misleading" or "extremely unproductive", or maybe not "rational", but not otherwise.

Rationally extending your argument, you are now suggesting that you think we might wrongly discount anyone who is not "early twenties", or anyone who is not "5'8"-5'9"", or anyone not "male", or "skinny"? (all part of your description).

Why on earth is their racial background different to all of that? It's either all or none surely - your argument can't be that some description is fine but not the rest. That would be irrational.

Anyway, thanks for posting the partial (albeit, as you now suggest, possibly very misleading) description.

Wow, so I shouldn't have bothered then right?

I shared the information as I thought it was odd, and as I had only read briefly about it here during the day this seemed the best place to ruminate on it with people more informed than myself. Someone seemingly more rational than others on here suggested I pass it on to the authorities, so I did. If you find that weird, I can live with that.

In reply to the second message, I think you need to consider context, both of where (a community forum), when (shortly after reading and seeing something I felt seemed a bit odd) and how (a quick post to non-judgemental people, without agonizing over how it would be pulled apart) it was posted.

I was saying what I saw in the moment as thought people might have been interested, or be better placed to assess whether I should do anything with it. I gave a lot of detail as that's just what I happened to type at that time. Having reported, and given more information to people actually able to properly assess it, I don't now feel the need to expand on my description as it was never intended to be a literary wanted poster...

This is still a community forum right? Good folk, sharing thoughts, not calling people weird for trying to be helpful...?

I for one certainly think you should have told us about what happened and applaud you for doing so (as was clear from my earlier post) - so that we can be forewarned with some information about location etc. It sounds very suspicious. You may (but may not) have seen the serial cat killer.

Beyond that, your argument is weird (in the extreme). Based on your own reasoning you should have given no description - yet you gave an otherwise full description. It is the fact you gave an apparently full description but left out one of the most obvious parts of any ID description that is odd. That's up to you, but the absurd argument you advanced to rationalise not doing so is what I couldn't get my head around. But if you can live with that sort of (non) reasoning - that's cool. Good for you.

Thanks again for the original heads up.

OKaaay, could we possibly leave it at that and let this very useful and important thread go back to helping people stay informed etc? I keep seeing the email notifications pop up and wondering if something else has happened. Obviously I'm glad that it hasn't but if we don't keep this thread on topic people will stop following it.

Sarahbmh Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Perhaps some info could be put onto any East

> Dulwich Facebook & Twitter pages?

>

> I am happy to look this up and contact their

> Administrators or send you the links. I know the

> ED twitter account has almost 4000 followers.

I have today wrote on the Crystal Palace Facebook page, I have also printed some leaflets to leave at customers houses and also some on card to put in the likes of Sainsburys and shop windows!

jacks09 Wrote:

> I've tried to follow this thread but it's pretty

> harrowing - just to be clear are we now saying

> this lunatic is "operating" in and around SE22?

Your post seems to have been overlooked.

If you check the Croydon Advertiser article

http://www.croydonadvertiser.co.uk/8203-MAP-bodies-dead-mutilated-cats-Croydon/story-28348890-detail/story.html

you will see that the SNARL incidents are a long way away from the East Dulwich and Nunhead valley.

John K

lilolil Wrote:

> The date on the Croydon advertiser link is 26th

> January. Things have moved on since then. A cat

> was found last week in Pellatt Road with similar

> injuries.

You will be aware that there have been two potential incidents reported locally.

You can read about them higher up the thread.

John K

Oh dear! I started this thread to warn East Dulwich people about the mutilated cat found locally. I know the personal n whose kitten it was and have now met the lovely lady who suffered the horror of finding the dead kitten. If any of you see anything suspicious, you are right to put it here. Snarl and the police want as much info as possible. I can confirm that the police are taking it seriously and do follow up calls made to them regarding these horrible attacks. I organised the delivery of the leaflets and have been overwhelmed by the new mover of you who responded to my call for volunteers. Let's hope that this thread can soon be closed as this person needs to be caught adapt.

Yes. The RSPSA person told the owner of the cat that she had been 'found in the next street'. As the kitten came from Rodwell, the owner assumed she'd been found in Pellatt the the RSPCA person was pointing in that direction. She means he then posted that a cat with the same as buries had been found in Silvester. I went to the owner and asked for a description of her cat and was then able to confirm that it was hers. So 'only' one incident in ED so far.

Just to note - as foxes also appear to be being targeted I would suggest that these are killings of opportunity based around a capture method (lured with meat), which means that loose dogs (now pretty unusual, I grant you) would also be at risk. Cats may be being killed (as are foxes) because they are out there and available. Not (just) because they are cats.

As I understand it the nearest fox incident has been West Norwood. See above re contacting SNARL for more information, if you really need it.

edhistory Wrote:

> You mean those SNARL items that are nowhere near

> East Dulwich?

>

> I would like to know if there have been any fox

> incidents in our area.

>

> John K