Cat owners, be alert.

singalto

I really hope that they catch this unhinged individual or individuals as soon as possible and they get the help or punishment they deserve or need.

As an animal lover and owner of three cats I just wanted to say that I have always enjoyed the joy our cats have brought to our family.

Part of our joy is watching them enjoying running up trees, rolling on the door step, sunning themselves on the neighbours shed and enjoying the great outdoors.

Two of my cats came from Celia Hammond and they vetted us prior to us taking two of our three cats. They were very adamant that they should be allowed out at will.

We spent a small fortune (for us) installing a cat flap that allowed them out and only them in and that they are free enjoy to their right to go out and in. I have had these two for seven years.

Keeping them in at night is really hard. I have tried but they howl at the front and back door.

I have a cat litter tray for my third cat who doesn?t go out and have brought another two so they have one each but it?s a really difficult balance between protection and freedom.

I have a real dilemma as to how best to protect my cats whilst not treating them as prisoners.

I am sure there are other cat owners that have the same conflicts. My cats are well fed each day (shouldn?t be tempted by food traps) and generally timid of strangers, no guarantee that they won?t become victims though but hope that the monster is caught soon.

Cinnabar -

I agree 100% with your post. My cat means the world to me, but I think it would be cruel to keep him in all the time because he is so happy when he's outside. At the moment the balance I've struck is to keep him in at night (even though he's not happy at all about this, because he particularly likes going out at night.)

There has to be a quality of life argument here too - my cat would be so unhappy being cooped up inside all day that I don't think that would be fair.

Hi,

Could any of you help with delivering Snarl leaflets in ED? I had a great response when doing the Lordship Lane/Barry rd section but now need to do the Lordship Lane/ Townley rd/ East Dulwich Grove to the station section. I'm on crutches so would appreciate help.. Thank you.

sedm Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Cinnabar -

>

> I agree 100% with your post. My cat means the

> world to me, but I think it would be cruel to keep

> him in all the time because he is so happy when

> he's outside. At the moment the balance I've

> struck is to keep him in at night (even though

> he's not happy at all about this, because he

> particularly likes going out at night.)

> There has to be a quality of life argument here

> too - my cat would be so unhappy being cooped up

> inside all day that I don't think that would be

> fair.

Sonny The Cat sits at the garden door and pouts, sometimes VERY loudly. He has his habits. They are not being indulged. And they shan't be, not till the mutilations stop. -- What quality of life would he have disembowelled and laid on a neighbour's doorstep?

sedm Wrote:

> Well if you take that view, you should never let

> your cat out at all in case they get run over by a

> car.

> I think all cat owners need to come to their own

> decisions on what they feel comfortable doing.

Oh, "sedm". Go back. Look at my post. Do you see the phrase, "not till the mutilations stop"? Yes. There. You do see that now? Ah. -- Sonny The Cat has gone out, and done so regularly; that was his habit. He will be going out again, when it's safer. -- And you write "Well if you take that view" and recommend that I never let him out. What view? One that I've never claimed to hold. -- Let me request a favour: Don't ascribe attitudes to me that demonstrably aren't mine. Thank you.

It's obviously reasonable to choose to keep your cat(s) indoors on account of the fool attacking cats locally, this is a local and specific danger in ADDITION to the constant risk of traffic.

It's not reasonable to regard the attacks as part of the usual risk landscape because they are patently not !

Am sorry to see some of the posts on here. Like sedm, I have made the decision to let my cats out during the day. This decision was not taken lightly and once they are all back in any time from 6pm, I lock the cat flap. My boy cat hates using a litter tray but can't be expected to keep his legs crossed for 14 hours.

On a different note, I would be grateful if a few of you could help with delivering Snarl leaflets in the following areas: Playfield/ Colwell, Tintagel/ Elsie/ Derwent, Melbourne Grove/ Chesterfield (not the whole of Melbourne), Glengarry/ Hillsborough and East Dulwich Grove from Melbourne to Lordship Lane.

Thank you to those lovely people who have already stepped to help.

Any more news re the incident in chadwick road and car registration??

lilolil Wrote:

> Is anyone missing a tabby cat in the Chadwick Road

> area of Peckham?

> SNARL have posted on their Facebook page of a

> possible incident this morning. The police have

> the registration number of the car involved.