Weekend Activities for 2 year olds & mums!

mummymoo

I'll be following this thread with interest... we never know what to do during the weekend besides going to the playground or cafe in Dulwich Park or to super busy and loud Gambado. Crystal Palace Park isn't too bad but slightly overrated imo. We end up staying at home most of the time! A swimming pool could be fun. Or the aquarium at the Horniman (also bit busy but everything is during the weekend). If you don't mind travelling into town, the street performers at the South Bank can be fun for kids and you can visit the aquarium there too (expensive though). There's a little playground near the aquarium.

My daughter always loves a trip on the train to charing cross (via London bridge) to see trafalgar square - fountains, lions etc and then a visit to the national gallery. Lunch at wagamamas in covent garden nearby is always good. Or train to London bridge, walk along river looking at boats going by, trip to tate and again lunch at wagamamas!

The horniman is great, although I must confess I am getting a little bored of going there - but my daughter loves it every time.

Soft play at beckenham spa is good too.

Oh - Telegraph Hill Park is lovely too, and has a playgroup that is open on Saturday mornings - same venue as the 1 o'clock club is in during the week. Often quite full of Daddy's on a Saturday morning, clearly giving Mum a lie in. Very nice and friendly.

You can get the bus there from Peckham 343 I think it is, could do the 484 from Goose Green, then switch to the 343 at the Church at the top of Ivydale Road in Nunhead as a bit far to walk from ED. Can drive too of course, but be aware of strange road systems around there. If driving I always park at the top corner of Telegraph Hill by the Church and then walk down through the park to avoid all the 1 way bits etc.

Molly

lorraineliyanage Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> There's a fortnightly dad's group at peckham

> library on saturday mornings if you want to get

> your other half to take the littl'un while you get

> some time off!

Now Thats an Idea!! THanks

Here's the details, although I don't know which Saturday it will be on, but you can call them to find out:

Time out with Dad

5th floor, Peckham Library, 122 Peckham Hill Street, SE15 5JR

Saturdays fortnightly. 11:30 - 13:30

Play sessions for fathers and male carers with children under five. Join us with your children and participate in music, story time, arts and crafts, puppet shows, and much more...all for free!

Tel: David Frazier on 020 7635 2200/0207 277 3840

> lorraineliyanage Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > There's a fortnightly dad's group at peckham

> > library on saturday mornings if you want to get

> > your other half to take the littl'un while you

> get

> > some time off!

>

>

> Now Thats an Idea!! THanks

If you are going to the aquarium on the south bank and you know in advance (night before, or poss same morning if time allows) worth googling for any discount codes and booking on line - even if no discount you can go straight to the front of the queue to collect your tickets then go straight in - worth it just to skip the hideous queues there

The Royal Festival Hall and Southbank get my vote week after week. We get takeaway coffee and yummy croissants/pastries from the posh pattisserie and eat in the RFH while the kids run themselves into the ground. My eldest (3.75yrs) loves going up the different levels to explore and search for monsters and the youngest (19 months) always finds something to take her fancy. Not to mention when there are free events on in the ballroom or outside and all the stuff outside when the weather is decent.

I like it as the kids tend to dictate what we do and we don't have to keep thinking what to do next. Only problem is telling them it's time to go home!

lorraineliyanage Wrote:

> There is also a playgroup in Camberwell which I'm

> trying out this morning if anyone fancies coming

> along. Number 12 bus goes straight there.

>

>

> Camberwell Choir School

> St Giles Parish Hall

> 161 Benhill Road

> Camberwell

> SE5

> 10:30 - 11am: Mini Music (Birth to three years)

> Cost: ?1

Was it good?