Recession is over ......hip hip ...

Mick Mac

HAL9000 Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I don't want to pour cold water on Mick Mac's

> parade but...

>

> IMF head in 'double-dip' global economy warning

Hal - did not the IMF say Britian would take much longer to come out of recession than it has? They just don't want to admit when they are wrong so they throw in a double dip warning.

"Hedgers" I call them - (and there is no bigger insult than that)...

Mick Mac Wrote:

> Hal - did not the IMF say Britian would take much

> longer to come out of recession than it has? They

> just don't want to admit when they are wrong so

> they throw in a double dip warning.

The warning was published on 18th January.

Anyway, 0.1% is small enough to be accounted for by rounding errors. It's small enough to be reversed when the revised figures are published in due course.

The fact that we are in an election year with a former Chancellor serving as PM is enough to raise my suspicions about the accuracy of that figure. I'm still hedging my bets.

I like Dara O'Briain point about how his Irish friends recently told him they've decided to embrace the recession. He said the British people embraced it before it even arrived are thus of a better mindset to pull themselves out of it.

Of course it helps if you have a government that isn't in denial over what's happening, on that score the Irish are several steps ahead of us.

Brendan Wrote:

> Mick Mac Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > "There is a strong possibility that the Q4

> > figures will be cocked cooked up,"

Revised.

and all down to 'quantative easement'

it sounds as if there has been a large portion of syrup of figs spread across the land to all the gullible believers of the chancellor.

Tipping large quantities of banknotes into the economy does not mean the recession has gone away,

it means the government is hiding behind a few bushells of it in order to get re-elected.

No doubt we shall rush off and vote the ne'erdowells back in very shortly, like leamings before the leap.